Advertisements on PSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertisements on PSB

So, it seems now we get ads on PSB even though we are supporters.

Sure, CleanRide is a great supporter of PSB & RRossi is probably a great bloke. Cully's? don't know.. but I know they both have one thing in common - they are both able now, to advertise to all with impunity.

I'm sure it's helping the coffers of PSB to have these ads up, but that's what they are - advertisements, and I know that I, along with many others, signed up as PSB supporters for many reasons, one of them was to remove ads. But now we have them, regardless.

Not good enough [MENTION=6799]BlackFZR[/MENTION].

My adblocker doesn't even block them when previously, it used to...

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
      My adblocker doesn't even block them when previously, it used to...
      That's because they're written into the PSB website - unlike google ads, etc, which are injected into the site. They're actually part of the forum.

It's unacceptable.

Comment

Comment

I hadn't even noticed till you mentioned it.
          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by pnork View Post
            That's because they're written into the PSB website - unlike google ads, etc, which are injected into the site. They're actually part of the forum.

It's unacceptable.
            Yup I'm not techno-nerd enough to know why but figured something had changed given I was now seeing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
              Yup I'm not techno-nerd enough to know why but figured something had changed given I was now seeing them.
              The ads used to change. Clicking 'save as' on the ad it's name is '60th Banner', so I don't think they are 'advertising' that you can block as such anymore, rather a forum banner that is part of the page, like an embedded picture.

Comment

Originally posted by chew View Post
                I hadn't even noticed till you mentioned it.
                Exactly. I can't see how it's "unacceptable" at all?

Comment

It's a invite to a event will disappear next week .

Comment

Originally posted by Tim the PM View Post
                    Exactly. I can't see how it's "unacceptable" at all?
                    I can't speak for chew, but TtPM, you're not a subscriber, you already get all manner of shit all over your page when logged into PSB, so how would you notice the addition of one more ad? No, you wouldn't.

OTOH, Kristy, who is also not a subscriber has noticed, and I'm sure many have.

All I'm saying is, as a subscriber, I've paid to have no ads on the PSB website appear on my screen. And now I'm getting them.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by keys View Post
                    It's a invite to a event will disappear next week .
                    Yes, and so was the last one, and now it's been replaced. It's an invite. It's an ad.

Comment

I mentioned it as it was likely it was no longer recognised as an advert in order for me to now see i.e. i had a working ad blocker, it still works, but clearly these aren't ads hence me seeing them.

edit: to clarify, i'd prefer not to see them but am not complaining as I know I'm not a supporter.

Comment

We always had them with every bike show ....

Comment

PSB has a built in function to stop the Ads by pushing Ctrl-Alt-Delete

Comment

With Google Chrome Adblocker I get no ads for free

Comment

There's a bike show in York coming up. And there was one yesterday too. No mention of either of those...

Maybe it wouldn't be so noticeable if the email bounce-back bit wasn't so huge?
                              Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                              1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Working...
                              X