Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC/DC plus Axel Rose.

Not sure about that choice.

What's wrong with retiring, hookers and blow......

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-tour-20160416

I'd be pissed to have paid to see AC/DC and instead see Axl Rose front a cover band of hired guns.

Seems to be a way of concluding their obligations in order to bump up their retirement funds. Can't imagine them chancing another tour after this, besides Axl will be busy with the Gunners again.

Although I hear JD Fortune might be available.
    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Haven't really done it for me since the first front man carked it.

Might as well throw Jimmy Barnes up there to keep the Scottish/Australian flavour.

That would be Axl Rose
      Last edited by chew; 17-04-2016, 03:34 PM.
      They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

That would be Axl Rose

Yeah, I wasn't a huge Gunners fan either. [ Bloody rock and roll grammar Nazi's ]

Comment

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/apostrophe

Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
          1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

If Angus wants to rock until he dies, why the fuck not?
            The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Hopefully the Axl thing is just a continuation of the BS rumor that started about a month ago, Axl as lead singer will ruin the band totally on every level.

Id be interested to see Dave Evans take over, probably the only person who could and still maintain any credibility, it would be a very cool full circle if they could pull it off.
              Last edited by MADOGA; 17-04-2016, 05:57 PM.
              National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Originally posted by MADOGA View Post
                Hopefully the Axl thing is just a continuation of the BS rumor that started about a month ago, Axl as lead singer will ruin the band totally on every level.

Id be interested to see Dave Evans take over, probably the only person who could and still maintain any credibility, it would be a very cool full circle if they could pull it off.

Time to call it a day. It's now an AC/DC cover band featuring Angus.

Comment

well no denying it now, its on the ACDC web site,http://www.acdc.com/news?n_id=278

what a bunch of money hungry fuckwits!,
                  Glad i saw them last year with Brian,
                  Id really want a refund if they had Axl, no word if their offering refunds either.
                  National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Gunners have been doin' ACDC covers. and full shows.....for ages..see you tube..

. Axl sings worse than that kid from Skid Row..
                    " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

Pretty sad to hear, they should just go out while on top not drag it out just for the extra $, shit they must be making a fortune from the use in all the movies like Iron man etc lately without needing to put up a second string lineup

I like Axl and the Gunners but to me they are a different sound to ACDC
                      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                      Originally posted by Phildo
                      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                      Originally posted by filbert
                      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

I've never understood the old timers who harp on about AC/DC being a cover band since the death of Bon Scott and Brian Johnson not being a real member of AC/DC. Bon Scott was only part of the band for about 5 or 6 years. Brian Johnson was singing for AC/DC for 35 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Dealer View Post
                          I've never understood the old timers who harp on about AC/DC being a cover band since the death of Bon Scott and Brian Johnson not being a real member of AC/DC. Bon Scott was only part of the band for about 5 or 6 years. Brian Johnson was singing for AC/DC for 35 years.
                          Yeah I don't know either, never really was into ACDC when BS was around, only got into them later on so only really know them with BJ anyway
                          I can understand when bands lose the odd member over the years but when they get like some where there is only 1 left then it isn't really the same
                          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                          Originally posted by Phildo
                          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                          Originally posted by filbert
                          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Last decent album was 1977, being the same one over and over since then.

Without doubt a great help to our GDP.

Malcolm McLaren coined the phrase "The Great Rock and Roll Swindle", AC/DC lived that dream. Second only to the Strolling Bones.
                            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

If you want blood. They never went past it. That was the peak as far as Im concerned. It was full bore blues.

Acdc after bonn scott was a different beast playing to a different market. That's fine and good for people that were introduced to acdc post scott.

But for many lovers of 60's and 70's Aussie blues rock, it was the end of an era.
                              The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Working...
                              X