Uni joints made of piss poor plastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uni joints made of piss poor plastic

So I have a scanner that has these bastard plastic uni joint things inside and one has broken rendering it completely useless.

For reference its an Epson DS-510 and for the most part it worked great, however Epson can't seem to remotely tell me what this part is or a reference number or anything useful to order a replacement.

Anyway, has anyone seen something like this online, buried deep on eBay or some China equivalent?

This is where it goes, it drives a roller, and also holds it stuck in place depending if its feeding the last page through or holding the stack as it pulls the bottom pages in.

Uni joints made of piss poor plastic

Can't find any fucked one on gummers or eBay.

3D print one?
    In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Originally posted by Crobbo View Post
      Can't find any fucked one on gummers or eBay.

3D print one?
      Nothing I have seen around on gumtree or eBay. But I swear I have seen this part on something else before.

3D printing is another option but would have to sit down and cad the bastard up. Atm I put a sleave of heat shrink over the piece to support the piece that has cracked, and its working ok, would need to rip it out again to take more measurements, kinda hoping it just keeps working, but if it fails again and I can't get a replacement I'll rip it out and draw it up in cad.

Comment

Maybe try find a small piece of aly rod and just hacksaw/file the bits into it? will be far better than the plastic for 15 mins work.

Comment

Try shaft coupling, plastic and see if you can get summink to match or do the job?

Saw a few on google' images, but am not sure just how it needs to fit up. There are universal joint fixtures too, but size will be the issue.

Looked like a wall type plug that too I have seen before, but couldn't find any reference anywhere, sorry...
          Sventek, being a predominantly lazy fuck can you please purchase some for me, bring me the stuff, create something I want after you think of it for me then clean my house, wash my car, dog, bike breathe for me.

Comment

Working...
          X