No announcement yet.

Anyone have a Red and White 2011 Yamaha R1? - needed Urgently for film shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a Red and White 2011 Yamaha R1? - needed Urgently for film shoot

WA Women Motorcycle Riders have received this email call out for help, do you know anyone with one?

Hi,
    I am hoping you can help me.

I am a locally based TV Producer who is assisting with a Malaysian TV production being shot in Perth from the 9th - 11th June. They have already filmed an element in Malaysia and now are doing part of the storyline filming around Guildford and the Perth Hills.
    It is based around the male and female talent on a motorbike journey. There are two several things I am chasing which I hope you can help with, or at least point me in the right direction.

1/. I am urgently chasing a 2011 Yamaha R1 (photos attached). I have contacted several of the Yamaha dealers and have fallen short. As they have already started filming, this is the specific bike I need to source. If not this one, at least as close as possible, even if it means we have to place decals on the bike to match the colours.

Last edited by Stoneville; 25-05-2016, 02:27 PM.

Maybe with some decals

http://www.bikesales.com.au/private/...15&pss=Premium

Best I can do to describe the issue is this.
    Normally it goes BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, shift, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But now it's a bit more like this
    BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-R-R-r-r-r-r-r-, shift

exan

Comment

Don't know if they want to actually buy one, will send them the link though

Comment

Just ask the seller if he/she is ok with a photo shoot/Video. They might say yes [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Best I can do to describe the issue is this.
        Normally it goes BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, shift, BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

But now it's a bit more like this
        BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-R-R-r-r-r-r-r-, shift

exan

Comment

Also needing a male stand in rider

STAND-IN RIDER MEASUREMENTS

Male:
          Waist – 33/34”
          Height – 180cm
          Shoe – 10.5 (UK)
          Bike Jacket – L
          Gloves – M (UK)

Comment

Originally posted by BikeONE View Post
            Lee has tried to contact the owner, but no reply as of yet!

Comment

That looks like a 2012 Anniversary Model which are rare as hen's teeth but they don't come with the gold wheels in your pic. It's missing a few logos on the fairings too. So prolly Chinese fairings. They'll be pushing shit up a hill if they want an exact look-alike

Reckon Tim could knock those decals out as i had the same ones onmy trackbike (only blue)
              Rest in Peace
              Brother Ryad

Comment

If they could "hire" the bike thats for sale, it would just be a few decals to get it 90% of the way there... Except for those of us that know bikes and accessories, and tyres etc....
                Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
                  If they could "hire" the bike thats for sale, it would just be a few decals to get it 90% of the way there... Except for those of us that know bikes and accessories, and tyres etc....
                  Lee has tried contacting the seller, not sure if they think it's a Nigerian Scam or something, but have not replied to her

I have had a message from a guy in Rockingham with something similar, but, it will need to have decals made for it, shall I suggest you Tim?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DQ View Post
                  That looks like a 2012 Anniversary Model which are rare as hen's teeth but they don't come with the gold wheels in your pic. It's missing a few logos on the fairings too. So prolly Chinese fairings. They'll be pushing shit up a hill if they want an exact look-alike

Reckon Tim could knock those decals out as i had the same ones onmy trackbike (only blue)
                  Yeh pretty stupid of them to use a bike in the film that is hard to get!! But we may have it sorted, they are prepared to have a white bikes rims painted gold and returned to whatever colour if the owner didn't want to keep the gold, but they will be up for decals no matter what, one thing on the bike we found it already has Akropovic's on it!

I'm not sure how close you will look at the bike when it is shown riding around Guildford or along the Weir Rd, meh it's just a red and white R1

Comment

Working...
                  X