Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Army reserves

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Para045 View Post
    Ha ha couldn't get much closer I reckon, just looked the A2 up and it is basically the same but with a different shield
    Its all about the muzzle brake
    I think we also change the name for commonwealth arty for some strange reason M101 USA = M2A1 Commonwealth
    a bit like Ninja USA = GPZ1000 Aussy
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Having been both Infantry and Combat Engineer in the ARes, go 13 Field Sq. RAE.

      Engineers have a lot more toys to play with than the Infantry, and it is much more physically demanding.....but rewarding too.
      we used to say , " civvies have bobcats and backhoes, the Army has us."

      Only got out because time demands of a new job......

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by DQ View Post
        How old is too old? I certainly don't feel old and on the eve of my 40th I'm considering joining the Reserves as a Patrolman, mostly conducting recon and surveillance on the Nth/West from the Pilbara (where I was born) up along the coastline.

        Team of 6, no more. Funnily enough I stumbled on an old letter from ADF dating back Sept 2000 regarding an inquiry that I'd made about recruitment. As mentioned by someone, I'd also do it in a heartbeat.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Mate of mine joined at about forty and still loves it 16 years later.
        They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

        Comment


        • #34
          I'm proud to have you guys defend all Australians. Not just a particular, ephemeral political party like Hastie is doing.
          -

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by agrid View Post
            I'm proud to have you guys defend all Australians. Not just a particular, ephemeral political party like Hastie is doing.
            Warning thread drift, It was made plainly clear when I was in the south pacific flying club this was not the done thing they are either colossal fuckwits (Kelly and Hastie), wanted out anyway or just massively arrogant. They'll still want your vote!
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

            Comment


            • #36
              [MENTION=11700]Yagadan[/MENTION], aren't you a Paramedic? Why not sign up as a Combat Paramedic?
              "I remember the first time I got my knee down on a track, it was like the first time I put my winkle inside a girl, I just wanted to tell all my mates."
              Keith Flint, The Prodigy.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Towlybear View Post
                [MENTION=11700]Yagadan[/MENTION], aren't you a Paramedic? Why not sign up as a Combat Paramedic?
                Hi mate

                Yes i am. Very limited spots for combat paramedic so I could be waiting up to 2 years for anything to start. Plus I was possibly thinking something different from my work life would be good.

                Still curious about the combat paramedic role tho


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Riding for Cameron Elliott #52
                1985 - 2009

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Yagadan View Post
                  Hi mate

                  Yes i am. Very limited spots for combat paramedic so I could be waiting up to 2 years for anything to start. Plus I was possibly thinking something different from my work life would be good.

                  Still curious about the combat paramedic role tho


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Im a ED nurse (wasnt when I joined up though) I reckon your better doing something different
                  When I qualified as a RN a few people asked me to transfer over to Medical and go for officer but I liked blowing things up too much so stayed with Arty
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by whowalks View Post
                    Im a ED nurse (wasnt when I joined up though) I reckon your better doing something different
                    When I qualified as a RN a few people asked me to transfer over to Medical and go for officer but I liked blowing things up too much so stayed with Arty
                    Know of any ED jobs going / coming up?

                    edit: (for RNs)
                    Last edited by Towlybear; 12-06-2016, 07:55 PM.
                    "I remember the first time I got my knee down on a track, it was like the first time I put my winkle inside a girl, I just wanted to tell all my mates."
                    Keith Flint, The Prodigy.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Info night at Karakatta. Tues 7pm.
                      Its all good on Ducati's

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        yagadan, don't mess around with the reserves here, go down to Irwin Barracks, Karrakatta and speak to The Pilbara Regiment.

                        They have a need for combat medics on a regular basis and there is always a shortage.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Towlybear View Post
                          Know of any ED jobs going / coming up?

                          edit: (for RNs)
                          RPH have 12 positions but I think they are all taken up, SJOG midland are desperate for experienced staff
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X