X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Mohammed Ali

A true legend has left us.

Not my words, but well written

What Muhammad Ali did—in a culture that worships sports and violence as well as a culture that idolizes black athletes while criminalizing black skin—was redefine what it meant to be tough and collectivize the very idea of courage. Through the Champ’s words on the streets and deeds in the ring, bravery was not only standing up to Sonny Liston. It was speaking truth to power, no matter the cost. He was a boxer whose very presence taught a simple and dangerous lesson fifty years ago: “real men” fight for peace and “real women” raise their voices and join the fray. Or as Bryant Gumbel said years ago, “Muhammad Ali refused to be afraid. And being that way, he gave other people courage.” - Dave Zirin #muhammadali #thegreatest #dpfb http://ift.tt/1sURGnR
    Last edited by Geeman; 04-06-2016, 04:43 PM.
    Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Rip
    Legend
    Do it

Comment

The Greatest indeed.

A true legend, I doubt we'll see his like again, a very sad day..
      Last edited by brendanc; 04-06-2016, 07:00 PM.
      This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time

Comment

RIP

Time to re-watch "When We Were Kings"

Comment

May he rest in peace..... Cassius Clay
          Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
          remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
          Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
          Who died while defending his right of way;
          He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
          But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Oh man, they said he went in due to respiratory problems. What a legend, rest in peace good sir. You left your mark on this earth.

Comment

GodSpeed.

S.
              Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

RIP the greatest of all sportmen

Comment

RIP

Comment

I don't like watching people beat each other up, but he was pretty cool.
                    Last edited by agrid; 04-06-2016, 04:57 PM.
                    -

Comment

"He was pretty cool.."

Manipulated by the Panthers...owned by the Republicans...wagered against by the Punters...set on a course of self destruction by the Media..denied by the Military.. hated by the white Majority..

And last but not least....ruined by Religion....

A great man ...non the less... RIP . godspeed.....
                      " Imagination is the seed of life..."

Comment

I saw one of his last fights, against Holmes i think when i was in primary school , grade 5 or 6 the teacher wheeled a tv into the class room so we could watch the fight,
                        you don't get that sort of quality teaching these days

RIP
                        National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

Muhammad Ali claimed to be "So mean I make medicine sick". But he went on to be chosen to be a United Nations Messenger of Peace because of his work in developing nations and received the Presidential Medal of Freedom. He also opened the Muhammad Ali Center in his hometown of Louisville, Kentucky. "I am an ordinary man who worked hard to develop the talent I was given, many fans wanted to build a museum to acknowledge my achievements. I wanted more than a building to house my memorabilia. I wanted a place that would inspire people to be the best that they could be at whatever they chose to do, and to encourage them to be respectful of one another."
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by acdcfan View Post
                            May he rest in peace..... Cassius Clay
                            Given that the man had so much trouble in America over calling him Clay(not to mention the beating that Terrell suffered after refusing to call him Ali) after he changed his name this is pretty piss poor form.

Comment

Michael Parkinson show on tonight @ 9.15... Muhammad Ali: The Parkinson Interviews.

S.
                              Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Working...
                              X