X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Presidential Debate

Who won round 1?

Discuss.

I think yet again Trump has shown himself to be an attention whore who has more ambition than talent.

But that said the reporting on the debate is very Clinton sided and everything about the articles today are geared towards anti Trump innuendo. This actually annoys me as it represents "more of the same" from typical politicians.

The Trump card I think is no one knows what a Trump presidency looks like or how the world will respond. Perhaps there is a certain appeal to that?
    Its all good on Ducati's

who gives a fuck?

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

From the 30 mins I watched, I would say Clinton won. When trump gets flustered he stops making sense and keeps repeating key points. He also starts his responses with an appeal to authority like "I've been endorsed by Mr X of the YZ group". Hilary was smooth, eloquent, stayed on topic, and although a little boring made a lot of good points. Trump only seemed to make valid points when he agreed with Hilary, otherwise he fell back into his normal on the spot rants.

Trump is a very skilled bully and persuader, but he struggled with this type of structured debate. Any debate where he can unleash a torrent of insults and argue directly he will win. He has had so many great opportunies to rip into the Democratic Party and he just seems to ignore them or is oblivious to them. If he changes his strategy for the next debate it will be a very close and interesting discussion.
      Rest in Peace

Comment

If there was a textbook way to become president via Kanye West media troll antics, Donald Trump is the case study.

He says some remarkably silly things by design.

People running to their little emotional cocoons, bleating about all the horrible things he's spouting completely miss the point. The more people talk about him, positively or negatively, the more attention he'll receive, and the bigger the grandeur when he starts acting moderately rational.

Clinton's campaign is the polar opposite. Be as quiet as possible and assume that the bumbling orange haired penis-pump will drive himself into the ground. This is an old hat, really dangerous play in this election.

Comment

I don't know who won, but i know who lost... The World
          Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

I wish Bernie was still in the race
            Rest in Peace

Comment

the current wave of American elections is the biggest circus i have ever seen, its clear neither of them have what its takes to run a country of that size in today's multicultural world, total clowns... America should be ashamed, even more so than before

Comment

'Bout time for a visit methinks...

Comment

Originally posted by Skut View Post
                  'Bout time for a visit methinks...

piss poor form

were's my 8 page rhetoric ?????????

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

I'm over hearing about FFS. Every news something for the last 2 yrs. Does anyone else think we're Aussies so who gives a ......

Reporters/Eds need a good kick in the ass. I can't stand the rubbish they spew. Can't believe people watch commercial news,current affair etc. Absolute Garbage. TV is dead apart from the odd motogp or sports event.
                    Ninety nine percent of the people in this world are fools. The rest of us are in great danger of contagion.

Comment

Originally posted by potato View Post
                      who gives a fuck?
                      You'll end up giving a fuck if Trump ends up with the nuclear codes.
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                        You'll end up giving a fuck if Trump ends up with the nuclear codes.
                        We can't have an affect on the yanks voting. They are both Megalomaniacs.
                        What You See

Isn't always what you get

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
                          From the 30 mins I watched, I would say Clinton won. When trump gets flustered he stops making sense and keeps repeating key points. He also starts his responses with an appeal to authority like "I've been endorsed by Mr X of the YZ group". Hilary was smooth, eloquent, stayed on topic, and although a little boring made a lot of good points. Trump only seemed to make valid points when he agreed with Hilary, otherwise he fell back into his normal on the spot rants.

Trump is a very skilled bully and persuader, but he struggled with this type of structured debate. Any debate where he can unleash a torrent of insults and argue directly he will win. He has had so many great opportunies to rip into the Democratic Party and he just seems to ignore them or is oblivious to them. If he changes his strategy for the next debate it will be a very close and interesting discussion.
                          I felt like Trump actually shined in the debate - but like you I only watched about 30-40 min. He raised logical issues such as govt debt, black on black crime and also owned it when Hillary called him out for declaring bankruptcy 6 times. Hillary's reaction to finger-pointing is to plead ignorance or blame others or hide behind legal 'excuses' - at least Trump said "yeah I fuck with the system - why wouldn't I do that for profit?"

I watched part of the debate because I wanted to see degenerates shit-talking about shit, but I was actually pretty surprised with the sensibility.

Comment

Trump was marginal for the first 30 minutes then got his arse kicked.
                            -

Comment

lol, Trump has apparently praised himself for not attacking Hillary about Bill's err, ...cigar use. Wait, he's praising himself for acting like an adult and not bringing something up that has squat to do with her ability to govern... (I actually thought I heard a snippet of the debate where he did bring it up?). Regardless, fuck me, politics is so dirty, yet so puerile.

Comment

Working...
                              X