Verge collection crowdsourcing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verge collection crowdsourcing

Seems verge collections have been/are making their way through the burbs. I used to collect ridiculous amounts of shit, bit more sensible now but despite being capable of buying pretty much any object I wish to possess, still look longingly at the piles of crap on peoples verges.

I picked up a Scott Bonnar 45 reel mower today. Needs a bit of paint, but tightened everything up it and runs OK, with exception that the driveshaft has captive pin on the clutch, which is gone, and clutch is all mangled so engine just free spins.

If anyone sees an SB45 in their travels, regardless of condition, claim it and let me know I like to keep my verge collection projects to budget of $0. It will look like this : http://jarrods-power-equipment.weebl...135501.jpg?870 - probably more rusted and fucked with missing shit
    Likewise, if anyone 'needs' something then let me know, I have some time off work so will be on the hunt for useful things

fuckin great mowers - I have a 1968 model that I just replaced the engine due to the output shaft shearing on the original - as the new shaft was 1/2" I also have the original drive side of the clutch housing too - you're welcome to anything if you cam make use of it - engine started first pull before the shaft issue.

Comment

I think mine is 5/8 drive but will check when I get home

Comment

Where the fuck are all the organised rides????

Next thing you guys will be comparing garden forks....I can just imagine the conversation...."I have the Spear and Jackson No 7 with the 1/2 hickory handle....
        Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Love the feel of a hickory handle on a nice 5 pound axe.
          The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Our garden fork has been in the family for 50 years and still going strong.

Changed the handle four times and the head twice.
            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

There's a fair bit of old hand tools on verge around Karrinyup sorta area

Comment

Any vintage hi fi gear?

Comment

^^^ haha... keen on salvaging old turntables too
                  "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Originally posted by okitoki View Post
                    ^^^ haha... keen on salvaging old turntables too
                    Any decent vintage gear - shame for that to go to waste

Comment

I bought one on gumtree. Balcatta mowers have all the small parts like replacement handles etc.

Also good at sharpening blades and bed blade. Fucking awesome mowers.

Comment

Originally posted by dwillia View Post
                        fuckin great mowers - I have a 1968 model that I just replaced the engine due to the output shaft shearing on the original - as the new shaft was 1/2" I also have the original drive side of the clutch housing too - you're welcome to anything if you cam make use of it - engine started first pull before the shaft issue.
                        +1 I used to have one that my father and grandfather bought back in the late 70's/early 80's Had a Kirby Tecumseh motor and went great for years before the motor eventually shit itself Managed to get the motor replaced through work with a Briggs & Stratton one, not flash looking but worked for another 5-6 years before dying again and I flogged it off for ~$200, think it was just a carb issue but couldn't be bothered fixing it as I now only have ~5m2 of lawn in the back

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
                        Where the fuck are all the organised rides????

Next thing you guys will be comparing garden forks....I can just imagine the conversation...."I have the Spear and Jackson No 7 with the 1/2 hickory handle....
                        No garden forks but I have a couple of great S&J hand saws that do a great job
                        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                        Originally posted by Phildo
                        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                        Originally posted by filbert
                        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by dwillia View Post
                          has the old one got one of these - 5/8" ?

Comment

Verge collection in Claremont/Mosman Park/Nedlands areas are good...

The cashed up throw out some good stuff... brand new, perfect condition Fussball Table at one time... I guess Mr Little Trustfund was no longer interested in it.
                            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

indeed, plus suburbs with heaps of old cunts.. when they die the heathen offspring ditch their antique shit. found a victorian era blanket box today just had a busted hinge and needs some shellac

Comment

Working...
                              X