X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dwillia
    replied
    Originally posted by Para045 View Post
    +1 I used to have one that my father and grandfather bought back in the late 70's/early 80's Had a Kirby Tecumseh motor
    I sourced a Tecumseh replacement - original was a Kirby brand

I love how the design hasn't changed for 4 decades - if it works.....

Leave a comment:

• dwillia
    replied
    welcome to pop over and take the lot - even if you can only salvage the carby etc

as an ex hoarder I can't throw anything away but if you do come you'll see why I have to draw the line!

Leave a comment:

• Joe Shabadoo
    replied
    Sold

Leave a comment:

• dwillia
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
    has the old one got one of these - 5/8" ?

the blue half? why I do believe it does - either that, or the old one was 1/2 and I had to buy a 5/8 - let me check for you tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Heretic
    replied
    Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
    Verge collection in Claremont/Mosman Park/Nedlands areas are good...

The cashed up throw out some good stuff... brand new, perfect condition Fussball Table at one time... I guess Mr Little Trustfund was no longer interested in it.
    Agreed, I don't live in those areas but driving through local areas on the way to drop the kids at school i swear the furniture that's being thrown out is better than I had in my first couple of houses. Jeezus the amount of srainless steel barbeques dumped is amazing. Such a waste of money.

Amongst good scores a working Scott bonner roller mower and a barracuda kreepy krawly with about 10 lengths of hose that worked better than mine !

Never seen any motorcycle stuff though, Neva a one.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Shabadoo
    replied
    indeed, plus suburbs with heaps of old cunts.. when they die the heathen offspring ditch their antique shit. found a victorian era blanket box today just had a busted hinge and needs some shellac

Leave a comment:

• TurboR1
    replied
    Verge collection in Claremont/Mosman Park/Nedlands areas are good...

The cashed up throw out some good stuff... brand new, perfect condition Fussball Table at one time... I guess Mr Little Trustfund was no longer interested in it.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Shabadoo
    replied
    Originally posted by dwillia View Post
    fuckin great mowers - I have a 1968 model that I just replaced the engine due to the output shaft shearing on the original - as the new shaft was 1/2" I also have the original drive side of the clutch housing too - you're welcome to anything if you cam make use of it - engine started first pull before the shaft issue.
    has the old one got one of these - 5/8" ?

Leave a comment:

• Para045
    replied
    Originally posted by dwillia View Post
    fuckin great mowers - I have a 1968 model that I just replaced the engine due to the output shaft shearing on the original - as the new shaft was 1/2" I also have the original drive side of the clutch housing too - you're welcome to anything if you cam make use of it - engine started first pull before the shaft issue.
    +1 I used to have one that my father and grandfather bought back in the late 70's/early 80's Had a Kirby Tecumseh motor and went great for years before the motor eventually shit itself Managed to get the motor replaced through work with a Briggs & Stratton one, not flash looking but worked for another 5-6 years before dying again and I flogged it off for ~$200, think it was just a carb issue but couldn't be bothered fixing it as I now only have ~5m2 of lawn in the back

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
    Where the fuck are all the organised rides????

Next thing you guys will be comparing garden forks....I can just imagine the conversation...."I have the Spear and Jackson No 7 with the 1/2 hickory handle....
    No garden forks but I have a couple of great S&J hand saws that do a great job

Leave a comment:

• boeman
    replied
    I bought one on gumtree. Balcatta mowers have all the small parts like replacement handles etc.

Also good at sharpening blades and bed blade. Fucking awesome mowers.

Leave a comment:

• Skut
    replied
    Originally posted by okitoki View Post
    ^^^ haha... keen on salvaging old turntables too
    Any decent vintage gear - shame for that to go to waste

Leave a comment:

• okitoki
    replied
    ^^^ haha... keen on salvaging old turntables too

Leave a comment:

• Skut
    replied
    Any vintage hi fi gear?

Leave a comment:

• Joe Shabadoo
    replied
    There's a fair bit of old hand tools on verge around Karrinyup sorta area

Leave a comment:

• chew
    replied
    Our garden fork has been in the family for 50 years and still going strong.

Changed the handle four times and the head twice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X