Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread for interesting shit.

Some cool stuff is still happening.

It may be stroking a Musk boner, but still...

Semi does 0-100 in 5 seconds (unladen)

New Roadster does 0-100 in 1.9 seconds.

There are some incredible numbers in that presentation. I just hope the infrastructure we have here allows them to be used to potential.
    10,000 Nm torque from the roadster? That's a silly number... yet the electronics will allow you to use as much as the tyres will allow.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
      There are some incredible numbers in that presentation. I just hope the infrastructure we have here allows them to be used to potential.
      10,000 Nm torque from the roadster? That's a silly number... yet the electronics will allow you to use as much as the tyres will allow.
      There is a vid (a shitty one) of a dude taken for a launch (AKA test run) which looks like an aircraft carrier catapult take-off - I think they have reached the limits of adhesion and traction control.

The truck should be the real game-changer tho, despite the 0-100 nonsense it seems to be designed completely for purpose.

Skip to 56min

Comment

Like... woah man!
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Elon’s presentation style leaves a bit to be desired there. It almost seems like he’s improvising the speech and has no real idea what he is talking about until he reads the slide...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man... I was so impressed by Tesla... until I actually googled 'tesla battery' and saw it's literally 7,000 AA's in a box. I thought his whole company was 'invented' to make use of new battery technology. I dunno, just seems about as impressive as Ahmed's 'homemade' clock. They can charge fast... that's pretty cool.

I'm in no way taking away from the insane roadster 1.9 second acceleration... if his company doesn't fold before it comes into production, great

Comment

Originally posted by INTJ View Post
              Man... I was so impressed by Tesla... until I actually googled 'tesla battery' and saw it's literally 7,000 AA's in a box. I thought his whole company was 'invented' to make use of new battery technology. I dunno, just seems about as impressive as Ahmed's 'homemade' clock. They can charge fast... that's pretty cool.

I'm in no way taking away from the insane roadster 1.9 second acceleration... if his company doesn't fold before it comes into production, great
              No battery on the market can surpass tesla specs with his battery standards/life expectancy
              "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                No battery on the market can surpass tesla specs with his battery standards/life expectancy
                But aren't they Panasonic brand? I dunno maybe I crossed my wires with some other DIY video or something

*edited

Comment

Yep that sth Aussie 100 day or it’s free is powering along nicely too.

If we don’t see these trucks in Australia by 2025 we must be severely retarded as a nation.
                  You can't *burrrp* can't just post, just post anything you feel like morty, you just *burrp* just end up *burrp* end up hurting people's feelings morty I mean how, how would you like it if I said things that offended you morty?

Comment

Most modern rechargeable big batteries are like this...

And yes Panasonic make some of the best little batteries that make up these packs...

Comment

But aren't they Panasonic brand? I dunno maybe I crossed my wires with some other DIY video or something

*edited
                      Why focus your efforts on making thousands of sizes of batteries.

Samsung, Panasonic all make top notch cells at a high volume for a great price.

The magic comes into play when you see how they charge, and balance thousands of cells.
                      In sterquiliniis invenitur.

Comment

Tesla has been going since 2003. I’m sure if there was a time for them to fold, it would be during the GFC. Musk has been investing in diverse ‘future technologies’ since the 90s, I think he’s the next Bill Gates..
                        Rest in Peace

Comment

315 us per share and a market cap of 52 billion, this is an inconvenient truth we needed to have. Spacex explosions are now only on youboob and I for one am looking forward to this blokes next ten years of innovation.

Just hope he gets there before an ai gets him. Joke - not joking
                          You can't *burrrp* can't just post, just post anything you feel like morty, you just *burrp* just end up *burrp* end up hurting people's feelings morty I mean how, how would you like it if I said things that offended you morty?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanoceros View Post
                            Tesla has been going since 2003. I’m sure if there was a time for them to fold, it would be during the GFC. Musk has been investing in diverse ‘future technologies’ since the 90s, I think he’s the next Bill Gates..
                            1) take deposits for 300,000 products
                            2) don't deliver them
                            3) haemorrhage the deposits

Nah, gfc was negligible. What's happening now is the worry. Bitcoin may be the more sensible bet.

I'm not anti tesla... Beautiful cars, great ideals, just seems like a clumsy management... But it's working

Comment

im now on the verge of hating tesla, truck seems to be a money grabbing scheme and since the model 3's now have a massive delay there is no way he could ever get you one in 2 years if you pay a deposit

and what truck needs a accelerating speed that quick? think of the loads

he has the skills to produce money to pay the bills but not much else i think, anyone catch the ramblngs in rolling stone?

Elon Musk and Julian Assange now on my shit list lol

Comment

Working...
                              X