Toasted Sandwiches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toasted Sandwiches

Looks like I'm having toasted sandwiches for dinner tonight... What are some of your all time favourites? I normally can't go past the original onion, ham, cheese and tomato but have been known to entertain a tinned spaghetti and cheese occasionally...

are they sealed like jaffles or open ended?

Comment

Roast beef, cheese and hot english mustard.

Second place is leftover spaghetti bolognase and cheese.

Comment

Just did a camping trip that centred around bringing your jaffle A game. The standouts were the pizza jaffle (ham, salami, cheese, pizza sauce & pineapple), and the sickeningly delicious banana, nutella & M&Ms using banana bread.

Comment

Originally posted by boeman View Post
          Roast beef, cheese and hot english mustard.
          ^^ +1

Quite keen on the slice of polony, bbq sauce with an egg, crack it onto the polony and cook it until just still runny.

Or leftover taco mix is always a hit
          Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

Egg jaffles are great. Press down the bread in the bottom of the iron a little bit to make a "bowl", crack an egg in there, close up the iron and off you go. Good stuff

Comment

Mmmmm, jaffles for dinner.. good idea. I think I have some old spag-bol in the freezer. That oughta do it.
              Last edited by pnork; 15-06-2018, 02:40 PM. Reason: dyslexic fingers.

Comment

I had completely forgotten the old left over spag bol.

Can't say I've heard of polony and egg before... Polony doesn't really strike me as a 'real' meat since I last had it as a kid with tomato sauce. I'll add that to the maybe list

Roast beef and mustard will be on the 'to try list' tonight I think

Comment

Originally posted by SomeBloke View Post
                  Can't say I've heard of polony and egg before... Polony doesn't really strike me as a 'real' meat since I last had it as a kid with tomato sauce. I'll add that to the maybe list
                  Teenage boys mate, you need quick, easy and filling meals that can be breakfast, lunch or dinner. As Roy said, press down on the bread and polony to make a bowl, and crack the egg into it, can even make a ring with the sauce to contain the egg.
                  Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

I'll have to give it a shot and report back.

*sauce burning the mouth may result in detraction of points.

Comment

*sauce burning the mouth may result in detraction of points.
                      Nah-ahh - it's not a REAL jaffle, unless the filling burns your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by pnork View Post
                        it's not a REAL jaffle, unless the filling burns your mouth.
                        So much this. If it doesn't burn, you're doing it wrong

Comment

Roast beef and mustard will be on the 'to try list' tonight I think
                          The cheese son, you forgot the cheese!

Nothing better in winter than a roast beef, cheese and mustard toasted sanga with an ice cold coffee chill (or hunt and brew if you are fancy like I have become/dont like the sugar content of the other ones).

What a combo.

Comment

Cheese is a given, arguably more important than the bread. Even my lactose intolerant girlfriend knows to find a cheese replacement for these delicacies...

And as much as I like my flavoured milks, I need to watch my figure (hence the healthy meals...).

Comment

Cheese is a given, arguably more important than the bread. Even my lactose intolerant girlfriend knows to find a cheese replacement for these delicacies...

And as much as I like my flavoured milks, I need to watch my figure (hence the healthy meals...).
                              Find Hunt and Brew (IGA, Coles & Woolies and some Caltex Servos).

Local coffee/milk drink with 0 sugar added to it. Delicious and a local company.

Comment

Working...
                              X