PSB Golf chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSB Golf chat thread

figured i would make a golf thread hear so we dont keep popping up in the organise area

hit a 9-iron yesterday in practice, did 2 shots over 140 yards. was happy & went home before i fucked it up & got angry lol

hard ball got grooves

so many fake titleist vokey wedges in perth on gumtree and people have no idea, easiest way to spot is the dash between the degree & bounce.. real ones have a dot

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/gwel...dge/1189117988

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/flor...led/1190556488

legit

Comment

lol... golf bug has bitten you hard mate...

yeah, a few times I have noted fake Scotty Cam putters on GT too...
      "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Sad news today that Jarrod Lyle is being moved into palliative care.

As a teenager I remember the first and second times he was diagnosed and fought through it. He has PGA wins despite this, tough as they come.

Young guy with a young family.

Comment

yeah you have to feel for the poor guy..

O if anyone wants a taylor made byrner driver i lost one down Roe Hwy last weekend when i left hill view. flew straight out the bag & into the path of many cars behind me, didnt even bother to stop it would've been a pretzel

last time i put the buggy in the ute not folded up with out the cover lol

Comment

found this ball in my car, used solely this one for the first few weeks i was learning.. surprised the skin is still on it. it got to hard to see in the ruff so i retired it

Comment

Here you go [MENTION=26139]Hillz[/MENTION] - some light reading I thought you might enjoy. And of course, you'll need to re-acquaint yourself with this on 1/1/2019 as they're changing.

Comment

Want to get some business shirt so i can play after work
                "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

That video is all over my Instagram at the moment, I can't unsee it.

Comment

Jesus those are some shaggy balls. I stop using mine as soon as they have a significant nick in the jacket. It's just a mental thing more than it having any real effect on flight. Funny the more you spend on a ball, the less durable they are as urethane jackets spin better but are easier to damage than Surlyn.
                    EXPERIENCE: noun: Knowledge or skill derived from actual participation or direct contact rather than mere study, interest, or internet.

Comment

just bought these Bridgestone extra soft 4 doz @ $79 (GCOWELCOME2 for extra $10 off)
                      https://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com....e-4-dozen.html

surprisingly nice and easy to hit. Cheap, seems to fly straighter and slightly further for me compare to other balls I have been using. Nice to putt; has enough stopping spin on them to attack the pin but not stupid amount of back spin.
                      No rubber ball feel...

Also stayed in decent shape condition after a round or two.

Comment

$79! could get provx1's

im looking for a new ball not loving the soft callaways, taylor made yellows next i think nice & easy to see in the ruff lol or something hard seem to get better distance with hards

talking balls i have 2 3 packs of the red/white truvis i wont be using. $10 each pack if any one wants some

Last edited by Hillz; 03-08-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Wilson Staff Duo Optix in the fluoro green for me, love those bad boys.
                          $29 for 12, easy to find, go a country mile and feel great putting.

2nd place would be Srixon Soft Feels.

Last place is ProV1. Just don't have the control for something that high spin. Slices or I get 10ft of back spin on my wedges that I don't want/cant control.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillz View Post
                            $79! could get provx1's
                            4 dozen?

Comment

Originally posted by okitoki View Post
                              4 dozen?
                              o dont mind me, i dont read stuff well... thats a bargain then lol

any one hitting a range tonight? i was spose to go last night but had family issues so im hangin to go for a hit..

ive only ever managed to get one ball over the back fence once... and this is it
                              Last edited by Hillz; 03-08-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X