No announcement yet.

Is backyard Cricket fucked now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would it be considered as an accident if played outdoor then?

I would have considered the guy as pretty stupid and dangerous to swing full strength indoor....
    "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Keen View Post
      hanging around people playing criket indoors with no nets.
      I am guessing this is why they were found to be negligent.

Taking full swings with a cricket bat indoors isn't going to end well.

Ever hit a tennis ball with a proper bat? Barely have to poke at it and it will go for 6. Full swing from someone moderately coordinated and I am not surprised it caused serious injury.

This one is also interesting, recorded the Ryder Cup and watched it:
      http://www.espn.com.au/golf/story/_/...oses-sight-eye

Comment

Originally posted by okitoki View Post
        would it be considered as an accident if played outdoor then?

I would have considered the guy as pretty stupid and dangerous to swing full strength indoor....
        And a court seems to have agreed. The only ones up in arms are the armchair commentators that haven't actualy read the article.
        Originally posted by Desmo
        Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

What a payout... and tax free?

That's a house and car paid for... at age 20?

Unfortunate accident with life-long implications, but shit... you get a 'guestimate' of lost income given to you in bulk now, without having to put in any effort from this point onward. What's more fulfilling? $600k now and a future working an office job like everyone else, or working your ass off to maybe be a top athlete and maybe earn $600k?

Comment

I know plenty of girls that have taken one in the eye for less.
            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by INTJ View Post
              What a payout... and tax free?

That's a house and car paid for... at age 20?

Unfortunate accident with life-long implications, but shit... you get a 'guestimate' of lost income given to you in bulk now, without having to put in any effort from this point onward. What's more fulfilling? $600k now and a future working an office job like everyone else, or working your ass off to maybe be a top athlete and maybe earn $600k?
              Kinda like that advert on the telly at the moment: how much would YOU sell an eye for? That is a purely voluntary situation. Now ask yourself how much you would expect if someone forcibly took it without your permission?

Comment

Working...
              X