X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HATE SCHOOL ZONES

I FUCKING HATE SCHOOL ZONES

I just got done doing 63 in a school zone! 150 bucks and three demerits

i don't mind so much paying the fine, but the demerits on top is just a bit much in my books. Also i don't really aggree with the whole school zone idea, children are not stupid educate them and they will check before they cross the road - 63 km/h is not a fast speed.
    ...stupid expensive singapore, with its stupid road tolls, and stupid petrol prices, make me take stupid public transport

dunno about the rest of it but I HATE SCHOOL ZONES too!
    i got done the other day 57 in a 40 zone -$100- 1 demerit
    SPEW!!!
    was on hay st in the city (near victoria ave) about 9am
    -just a heads up - the cops have been out there with the hair dryers about 3 times this week around 9am so watch out...

*oops edit
    i should mention i didnt know it was a school zone!!!!!!! i didnt see the sign!!
    im not into running down kiddies!!

Comment

ARE U FUKING KIDDING ME?

HAVE U SEEN A KID GET HIT AT 63KM????

WHICH WOULD YOU REGRET MORE? HITTING A KID, OR LOSING YOUR PRECIOUS DEMERIT POINTS?

THINK BEFORE U POST SHIT LIKE THAT.
      Originally posted by Red_is_Best
      hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

They're there for a reason, and I for one think they're a bloody good idea.

Too many kids act on impulse rather than think things through, so will happily go running through traffic without looking and without thinking twice about things.

40km/h gives drivers a chance to have a quicker relative reaction time and slow down/stop quicker and is also (I believe) the generally accepted maximum speed a pedestrian can be hit by a car and still survive.

I do agree that the time-based speed limit is a bit lame - especially on a bike, but... how else would you do it?

ARE U FUKING KIDDING ME?

HAVE U SEEN A KID GET HIT AT 63KM????

WHICH WOULD YOU REGRET MORE? HITTING A KID, OR LOSING YOUR PRECIOUS DEMERIT POINTS?

THINK BEFORE U POST SHIT LIKE THAT.
        [/b]
        Spoken like a true parent
        Originally posted by http://www.textsfromlastnight.com
        (626): I'm trying this new thing, it's called standards

Comment

my only opinion is that in other states they have flashing lights on the signs when it IS a school zone

quite often i dont know exactly what the fucking time is and if its a 'school zone', if they spent 20 bux on a flashing light on top i'd have no issues what so ever with schoolzones

Comment

^^WSS^^

I slow down anyway around school zones, bus shelters, shops.
            I'd rather take an extra 10sec to get home than ever have to live with hitting a kid.
            No matter how stupid the kid might be.
            Also slow down due to dodging Mum's in cars most of whom are yelling at thier kids rather than head checking before pulling out.

That and I don't want my car or bike getting damaged.

Plus then you&#39;d have to sue the kid or their <strike>owner</strike> parents...
            sigpic

Comment

Sorry folks, but no sympathy here for people getting done in a school zone. For Christs sake, the kindy kids are only 3 or 4 years old. The slower the better through those areas, we all know the rules.

Comment

If a child runs across the road without looking, It is dumb, run it over.
                If a mother picking up her child from school is yelling at it from the moment she see&#39;s it. She is dumb, run her over.
                If you speed in a 40kph zone, you have survived childhood. Well done.
                sigpic

Comment

I&#39;ve been done in the cage before for doing 63km/h in a "40" zone. at 2:39 when the zone started at 2:30!. I like the idea of primary school zones etc, but this was outside a highschool. I beleive highschool kids should know better.

But then again some people beleive some stupid things

Comment

yeah sorry you are gonna get flamed on about the school zone thing

yeah 110 vs 100 on the freeway... not much differece there... probably not that much more "unsafe".

Now 40 vs 60 in a school zone, again probably not "unsafe" but dealing with kids around roads is a recipe for disaster. THEY GODDAM RUN ACROSS THE ROAD WITHOUT LOOKING

So to combat this sort of stuff, i SUPPORT FORCING EVERYONE TO TRAVEL AT AN UNREASONABLY SLOW SPEED.

I nearly hit a kid in my car because she decided to cross the road without looking. Because i had to slow down a bit earlier for another car turning, i was travelling damn slow .... if not i probably would have taken the corner at 50-60km/h or so with no chance of stopping in time (i managed to stop with maybe 1 metre to spare).

In summation, its only 3 demerit points, hopefully you suck it up and SLOW THE FUCK DOWN

Comment

ive got an issue with school crossings across dual carriageways or busy roads. period.

The fine isnt unfair at all, If its a quiet suburban street outside a kindy, then 40 is only 10 lower than usual.. no biggie, wear the fine.

getting ripped 6 points on double demerits for not wearing a seatbelt when driving in a carpark is a completely different story. then you can winge.

Comment

I fully support 40km/h school zones. It gives you that little bit of extra time to line up the little bastards.
                        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

i live about 75metres from a school. my kids go to that school. it&#39;s not uncommon to see fuckwits come flying down the hill towards the school, doing 70, 80, 90kph, straight at a 90degree blind corner. i&#39;ve seen idiot parents doing u-turns in cars full of kids about 20metres past that blind corner. what do you reckon&#39;s gonna happen when you combine the two? or some kid decides they&#39;re just going to wander across the road from behind a parked car. kids do not have a friggin clue about road safety, no matter how much they&#39;re told, it&#39;s just a fact of life. and from what i&#39;ve seen, quite a few adults dont have much of clue either, the way they drive, park, and generally carry on around schools at opening/closing time. i know as well as anyone how hard it is to stick to the limit in school zones, but basically, i have no sympathy for you. just cop it on the chin and learn your lesson.
                          "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Also i don&#39;t really aggree with the whole school zone idea, children are not stupid educate them and they will check before they cross the road - 63 km/h is not a fast speed.
                            [/b]
                            I don&#39;t agree with vehicular manslaughter charges, let the biker figure out to keep out the way of traffic...

Erm.

They&#39;re *kids*. If they get hit by a car, they&#39;re not likely to get much of a chance to learn from the experience, are they?

I hate doing 40km/h as much as anyone, but we were all kids once - and we all start out stupid and feeling invincible - please have a little respect/courtesy....

63km/h is not that much faster than 40km/h ... by speeding through the short school zone, you probably cut what... a good 15 seconds off your trip?

edit:
                            I don&#39;t have kids, quite possibly won&#39;t have kids.... i&#39;m not good with kids. However, I don&#39;t see why some innocent little kid should be put in any more danger than absolutely necessary just because someone is impatient...

If the school zones bother you that much, then avoid them....
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

meh, I have two school zones which I have to go through to get home and I usually go through them every day I go to work ( finish at 3pm, start at 3pm or finish at 7am and my journey to or from work takes 30 mins).

It doesn&#39;t really bother me that much, except I don&#39;t think the cops should be pinging people for speeding when they are only slightly over the limit and it is clear there are no kids around.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
                              your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

Working...
                              X