Rode the putty road

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rode the putty road

We rode the putty road today the best motorcycle road in australia we are staying overnight in Newcastle then following the coast to brisbane just eight guys in our fifties having a great ride.

Pfft, if you think that is Australia's best M/C road you need to get out more,
    been there done that.
    FarRider # 159,

Comment

Make sure for the next few days you don't post about being in WA.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
        Make sure for the next few days you don't post about being in WA.
        Even better, just don't post at all.

Comment

Putty road is one of my favourites so far, just went last weekend

That bit further up where it gets twisty next to the mountain? Belissimo

Comment

But if you want a test try the Mt Granye to Tallangatta run in Vic.
            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

If you think Putty road is good.
              Wait till you try Spakfiller street or Kneadit knoll, only then you’ll be ready for the Pollyfilla High plains.

Comment

Anyway today we rode to Tamworth then the oxley hwy to port maquarie, my new gsxr 1000r only has two thousand kays on it but it is so quick i really can't believe it and it just rides itself you really don't have to be a good rider to ride it quick unlike the old days anybody can ride these new bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedTrip View Post
                  Wait till you try Spakfiller street or Kneadit knoll, only then you’ll be ready for the Pollyfilla High plains.
                  Thats actually quite funny not to mention witty still wa is the state where a sandhill is considered a mountain broaden your horizons and head east.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedTrip View Post
                    The Polyfilla High Plains are as boring as batshit - I'll be driving the Monaro Plains in a few weeks. The Plains are about the only time I'd advocate for driverless cars - I'd get the red eye flight and nap on the Plains.
                    At least I get to do Brown Mountain.

Comment

No More Gaps is where it's at.
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by llbuono View Post
                        Anyway today we rode to Tamworth then the oxley hwy to port maquarie, my new gsxr 1000r only has two thousand kays on it but it is so quick i really can't believe it and it just rides itself you really don't have to be a good rider to ride it quick unlike the old days anybody can ride these new bikes.
                        just as well...from what I've heard

Comment

We just arrived at the gold coast a great ride the bikes are getting trailered back to fairy meadows and i fly back to perth tomorrow just in time for frenchies ride.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by dwillia View Post
                          just as well...from what I've heard
                          You feel you could handle the trip then i doubt it i am just showing the boys and my friend from two wheels they are having a good laugh but play on dill ia.

And these are guys that race on the big tracks fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
                            The Polyfilla High Plains are as boring as batshit - I'll be driving the Monaro Plains in a few weeks. The Plains are about the only time I'd advocate for driverless cars - I'd get the red eye flight and nap on the Plains.
                            At least I get to do Brown Mountain.
                            Aaahh, Brown Mt. Hit that in the downhill direction at 22:30 in the rain on a hire bike with my son and our luggage after riding from Ballarat via Corryong, Thredbo, Jindabyne. Was an adventure.
                            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by llbuono View Post
                              You feel you could handle the trip then i doubt it i am just showing the boys and my friend from two wheels they are having a good laugh but play on dill ia.

And these are guys that race on the big tracks fool.
                              *Whoosh*

Comment

Working...
                              X