Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought a Lemon Jeep Wrangler - Anyone knows a good lawyer/law-firm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ApatheticEnd
    replied
    Park it in Mirabooka and leave the windows down with 10L jerry can inside next to a road flare. Just let nature take it's course.

Leave a comment:

• Skut
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
    Nah only fitted that .. About 10k work, after sinking 70k (the cost of the car) into repairing all the fucked stuff
    And I always considered you a smart man (if disagreeable ) - ahh well, we all have our vices and failings

Leave a comment:

• jakedaws
    replied
    Just insure it and go off road, with the cost of Jeep repairs just about any mishap is a write off.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Shabadoo
    replied
    Nah only fitted that .. About 10k work, after sinking 70k (the cost of the car) into repairing all the fucked stuff

Leave a comment:

• Skut
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Shabadoo View Post
    hahaha, a misfire! if you think that's an issue, you just wait till you find what your jeep has planned for you

just imagine all the important 'go' and 'stop' and 'turn' parts that make the car up.
    each of these may be like 300, 500, or so to replace, enough to hurt a bit, but not enough to abandon the car
    finally imagine every single one of these bits randomly breaking and requiring replacement once out of warranty (or in some way not covered)

just empty every pocket.

on a positive note, i never experienced any issues like leaks with the car staying stationary, so you could live in it on the side of road whilst saving money for the next repair?
    except the door locks sometimes don't work manually... so if it catches fire (a possibility) you'll probably die
    Especially if you fit a supercharger...?

Leave a comment:

• Hillz
    replied
    that all being said they are big sellers in the states & after market parts sellers are making squillions, like Dennis at Black mountain we've all seen gas monkey that guy is loaded lol

it must be the way they map the wrangler for overseas or something, you watch some of the 4x4 stuff in the states & on some of the more extreme trails they say the wrangler or the toyota FJ are the only 2 cars you could take stock & make it

i would just take it to a ECU tuner get it sorted & send Jeep OZ the bill

Leave a comment:

• TurboR1
    replied
    I already thought that everyone knew not to buy a Jeep.

That’s like motoring basics 101.

Leave a comment:

• INTJ
    replied
    I actually thought we did have lemon laws but I guess not in WA (after a quick google)...

But on another note, my brother had a similar issue with an Audi and luckily for him he had a very good working relationship with the legal department at the insurance company he worked for and they drafted up a lot of his threats/demands before he sent them to the dealership and Audi etc. Even with the expertise of a large insurance companies legal department behind him, it took about 1 year to get restitution.

I guess one suggestion could be, if the dealership and/or Jeep think there's no fault in the car, trade it in for something else and take a bit of a hit.

Leave a comment:

• BusaSteve
    replied
    Have you tried contacting Jeep direct. I have often heard and once experienced that most Australian subsideries do not give a fuck about this sort of thing. A threat to directly contact Jeep in the USA may get some action.

Leave a comment:

• Hillz
    replied
    everyone knows Americans are no good at making cars especially jeep. there has been many documented & highly publicised problems from owners.

the best jeep to buy is a toyota FJ

Leave a comment:

• okitoki
    replied
    time for another destroy a jeep campaign?

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...70c631c11f224b

Leave a comment:

• Geeman
    replied
    Maybe give Today Tonight/A Current Affair a call, I hear they get good results by hassling guilty parties while running down the footpath

Leave a comment:

• Joe Shabadoo
    replied
    hahaha, a misfire! if you think that's an issue, you just wait till you find what your jeep has planned for you

just imagine all the important 'go' and 'stop' and 'turn' parts that make the car up.
    each of these may be like 300, 500, or so to replace, enough to hurt a bit, but not enough to abandon the car
    finally imagine every single one of these bits randomly breaking and requiring replacement once out of warranty (or in some way not covered)

just empty every pocket.

on a positive note, i never experienced any issues like leaks with the car staying stationary, so you could live in it on the side of road whilst saving money for the next repair?
    except the door locks sometimes don't work manually... so if it catches fire (a possibility) you'll probably die

Leave a comment:

• Graelin
    replied
    DOECEP would not help when my vehicle was licensed for business. That is one limitation to getting help from them.

Leave a comment:

• Wahoo
    replied
    Agree, DOCEP is certainly your best option. Getting good lawyers will cost you more than the jeep.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X