Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought a Lemon Jeep Wrangler - Anyone knows a good lawyer/law-firm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZAZL
    replied
    Originally posted by peter600 View Post
    This. Why are you thinking of spending a cent on lawyers? The remedy is the dealer's responsibility under our law.

Leave a comment:

• chew
    replied
    My brother was going to buy one. I told him three stories and he bought a cheap Suzuki instead and has not looked back.

One of the stories is about brand new Jeeps that were still at the dealers.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• peter600
    replied
    Have you tried DOCEP?
    https://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumer-protection

Leave a comment:

• AZAZL
    replied
    You bought a Jeep?

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Leave a comment:

• Bought a Lemon Jeep Wrangler - Anyone knows a good lawyer/law-firm?

Hey everyone,

FIRST; DON'T EVER BUY JEEP...!!

**I understand that some people may love their Jeeps:
    **Some may have bought a Jeep and never had any issue... but when you do buy a lemon Jeep, these bastards are the worst company to deal with!!

I'm at the final stage where I have to get a legal help and go to court. All the other options are exhausted!
    Anyone here may have either gone through similar issues and can recommend a good lawyer, or do know a good lawyer that could help.

___

Shortened version of the back story:

I bought a brand new Jeep Wrangler Sports 2 Door in 2017 ($39,600+).
    I had the first engine miss fire 3 weeks after the purchase date.
    I had further 6 engine misfires
    In grand total, the Jeep spent close to 8 months in the dealership for mechanical checks/repairs
    After the last occurrence of the same identical fault, I refused to pick up the jeep from dealership.

Last 5 months I have been keep paying the Jeeps car loan, registration, insurance and I have no car!!
    (Fiat Chrysler Australia - who owns the jeep) refusing the refund or replace the Jeep.

The dealership I bought the car from is John Hughes.
    I have to give him what's due, after the third occurrence of the same fault, he contacted FCA on my behalf and was turned down.
    Ever since, he's been supporting my case however, ultimately this needs to be resolved from FCA side.
    This last occurrence, he even bluntly forewarned FCA of a class action; it seems I'm not the only one but in my case seems the worst one.

ACCC WA was even more blunt, they advised that what FCA is doing breaches the ACCC guidelines but FCA still wont budge.

Since Australia don't have Lemon-Cars law, there is nothing legally binding them to the ACCC guidelines.

Next step is lawyers and go to court.

I have already contacted Aston Wood and even John Cadogan from Autoexpert.
    This is now, me against a big corporation with deep pockets.

So if anyone knows any good lawyer/law-firms, I'd appreciate some contact details.
    This'll save me sifting through all the commercial lawyers in WA
Working...
X