You'll be seeing a lot less of me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'll be seeing a lot less of me.

Well folks you'll be seeing a lot less of me around. As on Monday I am going to a gym.

Those that know me know why they me call me Big Rob. I love my Beer, my Maccas and my couch. Hell I'll even have a few beers in the middle of Warpie's country runs!

But at this stage in life I have been given two choices by a doctor.

Loose weight or die. That simple.

My father died at 55 from heart disease/stroke and his father died at the same age from the same cause so the family history isn't that great.

So I am having my last comisseration drinks at Cheers on Sunday. After that its no more Beer/Maccas etc. as on Monday I start with 10 weeks of Personal training which will hopefully get me motivated to then continue on myself. (or dies of heart failure from the treadmill! )

At least the bike will handle better with less weight AND I'll be able to see my feet which is something to look forward too.

You put the c*nt in country run

Good on you.

When it gets tough, remind yourself about your goals.

Tim.
    sigpic

Comment

Good luck big (soon to be slim) fella

what gym?

Also a big part of losing weight is eating 'healthier' doesn't mean you can't have tasty stuff, just more whole foods, no fast food shit.

You'll be droppin off the kg's in no time

Comment

Signed up at CBD as the 24hr thing is Handy. Plus the girls behind the counter are cute
        You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Good on ya mate.
          Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Don't work out to hard on Monday... great to hear, may see u sunday if im not to stuffed after after work in the day

Comment

Good luck big (soon to be slim) fella

what gym?

Also a big part of losing weight is eating 'healthier' doesn't mean you can't have tasty stuff, just more whole foods, no fast food shit.

You'll be droppin off the kg's in no time
              [/b]

who's jim

lol
              Is Dead

Comment

*applause* bloody well done in making the decision to change your life. Post up some pics of you now, that will keep you motivated, and post up pics for every 5 kilos you lose. We will certainly all support you!!

Fastgir1
                Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Onya Rob, good luck with the new regime.

Comment

Good on you Rob. With a family history like that I'm thinking its an essential move.

I joined a gym 3 months ago to improve my strength an mobility on the bike. Gym isn't fun, although the scenery can be nice. The up side for me is that I feel better and I can keep moving around on the bike for a full track day...and walk the next day. Stay with it!

Comment

Good news dood. You'll feel great doing it, and chix dig the guns. Props.

Comment

After being given a similar mandate from my doctor, I went on to lose something like 30 kilos. It can be done. But remember, you're not on a 'diet'. It's a lifestyle change. You have to live and eat better for the rest of your life, not just temporarily till you are comfortable.
                        http://www.internetblackout.com.au/

Comment

Good luck and stay motivated!

I went down that route 4 years ago and lost 10kg

Still go the gym when i am in Perth and have stayed at 94 kg!
                          I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

I also had a similar message from my doc cause i was overweight, had high blood pressure and blood sugar was really bad. That was about 17kg ago. My trick was to have salads with tuna and all the nice gourmet stuff like olives, artichokes etc to make it actually quite tasty. I also madea lot of low fat stir fry and pasta with very little noodles/pasta to keep the carbs down. Still doesnt make it as fun as throwing back a few cheeseburgers but its still a palatable change.

Comment

Well done Rob good 2 hear......
                              tho will b funny to c u travellling without roadies

Comment

Working...
                              X