Gym membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym membership

I'm looking at joining Fitness First on Albany Hwy, and everyone I know pays a different amount per month. From $34.50 up to just over $50 a month I've heard. It fluctuates heaps! That's over $150 a year difference.. does anyone know any good gyms around or any deals on at the moment for cheap rates?
    mmmmm sacrilicious

Can't help you with the gym stuff, but I can tell you to avoid Zest like the plague. I took out a deal where you pay $40 per month for a year. They "forgot" to mention that after a year they still keep taking the money out of your bank unless you notify them in writing. They wouldn't even give me a refund. If you don't mind the crappy parking I've been told by 3 people that CBD gym in the city is good, plus they are open 24hrs a day.

Just come out for rides every Saturday with the gang. Best workout yet.
    You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

in Cannington?

Comment

Yup, near Carousel (spelt?)

-edit-
        Oh and thanks Cbr1k for the tip
        mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

Yup, near Carousel (spelt?)

-edit-
          Oh and thanks Cbr1k for the tip
          ahh...i know the one... 4 of the guys at work attend that gym... ill suss it out and get back to ya

Comment

Thanks mate
            mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

i used to be a member there (for 3 yrs).. found them useless as

in the end it was easier to buy one for home ..
              Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Can't help you with the gym stuff, but I can tell you to avoid Zest like the plague.  I took out a deal where you pay $40 per month for a year. They \"forgot\" to mention that after a year they still keep taking the money out of your bank unless you notify them in writing.  They wouldn't even give me a refund.  If you don't mind the crappy parking I've been told by 3 people that CBD gym in the city is good, plus they are open 24hrs a day.

Just come out for rides every Saturday with the gang.  Best workout yet.
                CBD is not bad but not great.

Pros -
                24hrs
                Sauna (never used it)
                Spa (never used it)
                Heap of circuit type classes
                Location (Motorbike parking right out front)
                Staff are good
                Free DVD Hire
                They make great protein etc shakes
                Dosen't get TOO busy so never have to wait for benches too much.
                There are a few kewl peoples (like me ) that go there and help each other out

Cons-
                NO FUCKING COLD WATER DISPENSER!!!!!
                Missing some vital cable/bench equipment (like a Decline press, one we have is premenantly locked at almost 45degrees which is fucking stupid and real weight on the bars and you can say goodbye to your shoulder goodbye)

Machines don't seem to get serviced as much as they should.
                Dumbell Weights have been replaced recently by cheap shit which is starting to wobble all over the place.
                There is no 37.5Kg or 42.5Kg weight (only 35, 40, 45) so its a bitch having to go from 35 to 40 and 40-45.. Personal piss off.

Anyway thats my 2c..

Where do u live? fair few of my buddies go to gym so I can give ya a scoop.

But the one out in Cannington is by far the BEST gym I have ever seen, i forget the name of it now. Go there then compare it to others and u'll see a REAL gym in action.
                Will you insure me?!

Comment

I've worked in gyms around perth for the past 6 years. the "best" gym i think depends on your priorities. are they a good perve, good machines, good free weights, a hot chic behind the counter, MTV or 94.5 in the background... hehe
                  Benjo

I like to watch....

Comment

I go to Lifesport in Joondalup atm, and it is an absolute shit hole.

Staff suck quite bad, equipment is old and really poor, and its hell expensive to boot ($65 a month through a special)

I am going to be going to ECU @ Joondalup in April, and they look really nice. Only $44 a month (corporate rates (non-ECU student, uni students partner, etc)), so the deal was a quick stealer for me to go there.

Comment

not quite fitness 1st but
                      have you looked into the ZEST?? (I red the previouse post but, its all depends who is the manager @ particular place....)

Also Below are all the Zest gyms in WA... HEAPS OF THEM! :

Bibra Lake
                      Cnr North Lake/Gwilliam Road, Bibra Lake, 6163 WA

Bull Creek
                      77 Wheatley Drive, Bull Creek, 6149 WA

Bunbury
                      Unit 6/ Lot 56 Sandridge Road, Bunbury, 6230 WA

Cannington
                      1490 Albany Highway, Beckenham, 6107 WA

Claremont
                      351 Stirling Highway, Claremont, 6010 WA

Joondalup
                      Cnr Boas Avenue & Lakeside Drive, Joondalup, 6027 WA

Kingsway
                      168 Wanneroo Road (Cnr Hepburn), Kingsway, 6065 WA

Melville Plaza
                      380 Canning Highway, Melville, 6157 WA

Mirrabooka
                      9 Chesterfield Drive, Mirrabooka, 6061 WA

Mount Lawley
                      804 Beaufort Street (Cnr Fifth Ave), Mount Lawley, 6050 WA

North Beach
                      Cnr W/Coast Highway and N/Beach Road, North Beach 6020 WA

Osborne Park
                      454 Scarborough Beach Road, Osborne Park, 6017 WA

Rockingham
                      Cnr Read Street & Patterson Road, Rockingham, 6168 WA

Tuart Hill - Ladies Only
                      223-225 Wanneroo Road, Tuart Hill, 6060 WA

Victoria Park
                      1022 Albany Highway, Victoria Park, 6101 WA

CALL DANIEL WEBB on 94440855 and tell him PVA_GLUE (AKA Joe) sent you... and get the quote...

it wont hurt to ask mate my two cents

cheers
                      Joe

Comment

I go to CBD, I've found them pretty good. Bike parking can get packed out, but there's usually somewhere.

They really need a water dispenser, not having one is bullshit.

The 24hr thing is good, means if you're running late you still have lots of time, but it isn't 24hrs on the weekend... closes at 7(i think) on fridays and then does 7-7 saturday and sunday and then opens at 6 or 7 (i think) on monday.

They don't have a pool, they do have a spa (never used it). Have seen heaps of couples getting it on in there, and its right outside the changerooms!

Late at night it isn't packed and you can do whatever you want without someone hovering for a machine or free weight or something.

Staff are pretty good, the DVD's are ok, its an incentive to come back the next day to return it.

Comment

dvd's? couples? sweet!

lol

really, they have dvd's there? wow, cool.

Comment

i just joined up the uwa gym for $300 a year, including wieghts, 65 classes a week on the circuit, half price court hire (badminton, basketball, tennis, squash,.....) etc. good for me cause i go there, but for non students it is still only about $420 or $400 a year.

i live down the road from lords and i thought i would try there...... try $500 per quarter for membership...... i got a better workout from laughing at the price she quoted

Comment

Thats the name, Fitness First.
                              The cannington one is sweet, BEST equipment I have used, every machine imaginable, 2nd largest selection of free weights in aus, plenty of eye candy, a pool, and its a Taylor made building specifically designed to be a gym,

There is a Fitness First on barrack st next to woolies, good equipment, bit cramped and a high population of gays. I don't mean to offend anyone but being check out by guys wearing tights at gym aint my cuppa tea.

But yeah as was said above Zest is great in that you can go to any of em, best one for a perv is Claremont *grin*
                              Will you insure me?!

Comment

Working...
                              X