Laser eye surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser eye surgery

I have to get eye surgery before I can apply for my next job...

I konw that some people here have had it done, can those people recommend a place?

i heard you can get laser eye surgey and have better the 20/20 vision that would be cool you should get that :twisted:

Comment

i am interested in this too in the next six months or so, but i also wanted to know if any of the private health insurance places would cover part or most of the operation? if ya find out doorman, could you let me know?

Comment

ive heard rumours about it being bad for your eyes in the long run... and its not permanent :?

Comment

yeah, but thats what they say about masturbation, innit?? *reaches for coke-bottle thick glasses*

Comment

There is a place in South Perth that does this, it cost about $2500 per eye.
            I know of two people on this forum to have it done and both highly recommend it, However I won't name but I'm sure they'll post
            when they see this thread...

Unless the surgery has backfired

Comment

yeah some of the doods at my work have had it done and havent looked back (pardon the pun) they say it was great they had to look after their eyes for a while till the heal completely that was 3 months ago and now they are playing footy and everything

Comment

Someone in my family in England have done this, and say its perfect. It was about 5,000 pounds when they did it. Few years ago I think.

You always have to remember though, what they do is, correct your vision as it was at berth. The reason you lose focus is your because of the lack contraction in your eye muscles as the years go by. So your vision will get worse from that point onwards, as it did after berth.

But yes, it will take years for your vision to stuff up again. 10 perhaps 15 years.

Here is the site that provides you more info: http://www.theeyeinstitute.com.au/index.php?sec3

sure they have someone in perth, contact the 1800 number.

will be close to 5k for both eyes, as gordo said...
                Ideal Soccer Team

Comment

I am one of the eye surgery dudes on the forum. The other one is also a well known member. I'm sure he'd agree with me that it's the best $4600 you can ever spend.

It is $2300 per eye or $4600 for the set.

No glasses ever again.

However, it's only good if you're short sighted or astigmatic (or both) and under -4.0

I had mine done at the Lyons Laser Eye Institute at QE2 under Professor Crawford...the man in WA for eye surgery.

DO IT!

The surgery itself is only about 10-15 mins per eye but it isn't for the faint hearted. It doesn't hurt as such but it's pretty fuckin creepy when the do the eye-cuttie-circular-blade-device. It kinda feels like you're looking down a telescope and the action is far away even though its on the surface of your eye.

Now, i'm at about 10 months out from the surgery I have some irritation late at night when i'm tired, but otherwise, no haloing, no dry eye and 20/20 in the right and 22/20 in the left.

Booyah Bionic Eyes!

Comment

does your health insurance cover any of the cost melkor?

Comment

Nup...

It's "cosmetic" apparently.

Load of shit if you ask me as i think you'd spend 5k on glasses over the next 20 years.

However, the health benefits people would rather spend your money on homeopathy and STUPID FUCKING TEDDY BEARS.

Comment

yeah, i have changed to medibank private after HBF started cutting back on what it would offer for eye care. medibank seems better for benefits in this area, but i will have to look deeper.....

Comment

I am the other person who has had it done early last year so I have been contacts free for over 12 months now.

As Melkor said it is the best $4,600 you will ever spend.

I walked in there at 9am one morning and walked out at 9:20 with 15% better than 20/20 vision.

I had only mild myopia (-1.25 each eye).

Being 14 months down the track and after being informed of many of the side effects that you can suffer the only one I experience is my right eye is slightly less than perfect when I get very tired.

My motorbike ritual used to be, helmet, gloves, boots, keys, contact lenses…… (FUCK)……. Contact lenses…… (GET THE FUCK IN) …. Contact lenses….(MUTHER F….). Now its just helmet, gloves, boots, keys, ……motorbike….. (FUCK)…..wheres my motorbike!

Professor Crawford from the Lions Eye Institute is the man. He has done more Lasik than any other person in the Southern Hemisphere, is the one I recommended Melkor to go to and is the only one I would entrust my eyes with. The Lions Eye Institute have all the latest Gucci gear.

A word of advice…… don’t watch Tom Cruise’s “Minority Report” the night before you get them done…. like I did. Bad. Very bad.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

i have -3.5 in both eyes, is that still okay, or is it too far gone? *pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease*

Comment

The first thing the Lions Eye bunch do when you say you wana get your eyes zapped is test your eyes for suitability for the procedure.

It doesn’t just come down to what level of Myopia you have, it also depends on the thickness of your cornea, absence of eye disease and also if your prescription has stabilised (IE: your eyes are still not changing shape otherwise you would be wasting your doe). They also prefer that you wait until you are in your mid to late 20’s as your eyes will have stabilised. A computer also maps out the shape of your eye.

At this time they will advise you if you are a candidate for the procedure or not. This initial consult I think is covered under private health.

Its only once they say you are you are an OK candidate and if you want to proceed that they will book you in to see the surgeon to talk about the procedure, he will double check the info that the optition gathered, re check your eyes ect. Once he has warned you of the possible side effects of the procedure and satisfied himself that you are OK for the zap, then you will book a time with him to get it done.

A three step process.

For more info, visit their website on http://www.lionslaservision.com.au/

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Working...
                              X