Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet School

Guy's,
    I want to do a course in web design, but im too late for tafe and cant be farked waiting till mid year, i would like to take night courses, does anyone know of any companies or anything that run these courses? and can point me in the right direction? theres has to be something available to me

cheer's!

They usually cost an arm and a leg

UWA do some couple day courses "extension courses" (I think) part of their adult learning programme. Somewhat expensive, but is it really worth it? If all they are going to teach you is dream weaver, then there are some great tutorials on the net.

Depends what you want it for.

Tafe, occasionally does a few units over the break - and they will credit them towards the relevant course - you would have to call them and see if they have anything running.

Comment

You cant wait 5 weeks?

TAFE's enrolments are 29th and 30th June... and most classes start a week or so after then

I doubt you could get into anything before then dude, but good luck!
      mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

OHOOOO!! are you saying my webpage design is shite???? this calls for action.....

Comment

OHOOOO!! are you saying my webpage design is shite???? this calls for action.....
          i errr.... ahem.... didnt mean anything bit it.. *cough* just polishing up *cough* on some stuff...ahmen...

thanks guys..... mastrmage....might have to wait for tafe then

Comment

CAD.. you can usually teach yourself half the shit if you have the time. Get one copy of photoshop, do search on google for HTML coding. Depends what else you want to do, if you want to make it hell interactive, databases etc. PHP/MYSQL, PERL, CGI, java, javascript. You can end up spending big bux on learning about website design, but if you want it for a specific task, then you might be better off simply learning the few languages that are required. If it's something that you really want to get into however, then I would suggest tafe/uni. I know this may sound like a rant, it's just that if you have the time, website design can be self taught.
            Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Anyone wanna spend a couple of hours over beer & pizza and show me how to use FTP & FrontPage?? Beer and pizza on me.

PM me

Comment

At the Uni 2nd hand bookstore they have quite a few.

"Teach yourself *whatever* in 5-21days" kinda books.

They are often about $50-$60 new so they can't be too much 2nd hand.

I've used the SAMS series for a few things.

I would imagine it's the same at any tafe/uni, just wander in and go for your life.
                sigpic

Comment

campo... don't use frontpage, go dreamweaver.. much better.
                  Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Why waste your money buying books where you can download the exact book from the eMule for similar programs.

I have tonnes. Which ones are you after?

Comment

campo... don't use frontpage, go dreamweaver.. much better.
                      Gotta start somewhere basic first up.......

Comment

Campo, i just started straight away on dreamweaver, and found it just as easy as frontpage to start on. seemed easier to me than frontpage, but i am still shite at it...

Comment

Campo, i just started straight away on dreamweaver, and found it just as easy as frontpage to start on. seemed easier to me than frontpage, but i am still shite at it...
                          well if I can find a program of Dreamweaver, I might have a look at it mate. I had it on the Mac and nearly shat myself when I opened it. Brain overload!

Comment

ive been playing around with the same stuff and have a set of vids on the comp at home that walk you through designing a flash webpage from scratch.

it shows you step by step how to make the graphics youll need in fireworks how to import and work with them in flash and then move on to dreamweaver to finish it off.

if you want details of the vids or the macromedia 2004MX Suite gimmie a PM

Comment

did i hear free beer and pizza

i can teach you what i remember about frontpage from year 10 computing class
                              this looks more painful than being a mexicans ass sphincter

the doctor said i wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if i kept my finger out of there.

Comment

Working...
                              X