COMPUTER WIZZARDS HELP?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COMPUTER WIZZARDS HELP?????????

I PUT A SOUND CARD IN MY PC, WHICH PROBLY DISABLED THE ON BORAD (DID WORK FINE BEFORE I FITTED THE CARD), NOW I TOKK THE CARD OUT TO PUT IN OTHER COMPOOTA AND NOW HAVE NO SOUND?,I RE INSTALLED WINDOWS, CHECKED BOIS ETC, AND YES THE SPEAKERS ARE PLUGGED IN HAHA
    BEEN SCRATCHING HEAD FOR A WHILE NOW, RE INSTALLED MUM BOARD DRIVERS BUT TO NO AVAIL????
    ANY IDEAS BOYS?

does ur new mothorboard have on board sound?

Comment

Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices > Audio Tab > Select your sound card.

See if that works.

Comment

Looks like the problem may be more serious than first thought though.

It has somehow affected your keyboard and in particular your caps lock key. To have a sound card do that requires a magnet put to your hard drive... that'll fix it i think
        "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins (The Fellowship of the Ring: J.R.R. Tolkien)

Comment

un-tick the "mute" box. Hahaha.......
          ...having dinner with KARMA tonight...

Comment

Does this have something to do with your For Sale thread?
            mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

It has somehow affected your keyboard and in particular your caps lock key. To have a sound card do that requires a magnet put to your hard drive... that'll fix it i think
              HAHAH!

im with him!!

Comment

hahahahahahahahaha yeah, what he said x 2!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

campo how can you bitch i spent ages finding the caps lock key just to stopyou whinging (having a pommy mrs has worn off on you)

Comment

i thought this was a forum of discussion/comradery and general helping fellow riders???
                    then why the fook does every one have to be smart arses hiding behind their monitors giggling??
                    i asked i simple question which most of you computer nerds know the answer to only to get a load of shit for an answer.........
                    and campo if all guys bitched and carried on like you do then we wouldnt need women to have mouths.............

Comment

then we wouldnt need women to have mouths.............
                      CHICKS WITH NO MOUTHS! :shock: THAT'D BE A TRAGEDY!

How would they.....

Oh, wait, back to the sound-card...

Ok, I think a mate had a card with on-board sound that you had to enable or disable in the bios. Was a while ago, I just recall it taking us ages to find it as well.

What brand is the motherboard?
                      There should be a website with the manuals, I know AOPEN's website has really good support.
                      sigpic

Comment

finally someone with a valid answer....campo must be asleep at his keyboard at the moment.

Comment

I agree with Dugy, most likely a setting in the bios. Check your mainboard manual, it should have details on it.
                          Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

CAMPO WAKE UP DAZ IS MISSING YOU HAHAHAHAHA

SHUT THE FARK UP DAZ

I know nothing about computers so I'll just dribble shit

One quick question, does the mother board have jumpers on it ??
                            On my old computer it had some and I had to move them to enable and disable the sound card...

Comment

Just had a quick look at a few random boards.

They either refer to changing a jumper switch on the board or a setting in the bios.

What MB was it anyway?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X