Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars...Unfortunately

----

you might want to have a word with some of the 'ahem' cage drivers that frequent this forum. Namely one of our newest additions 2sly. She has this wonderful fasination with skylines and is heavily involved in the car scene. Mind you, trying to convert her to the right side
    I had a vision of my reality once... then turned my back and walked away.

Comment

yeah theres a few websites ...... but im not exactly going to give you the addies if you are just going to slag off.

The drift scene is a fairly new scene in WA (well australia really) .... until recently there hasnt been a proper track for people to practice. So most of the practising has been done by trial and quite often error (if you see some of the dents in the cars and rims you'll know what i mean by that) in industrial areas.

Like you guys with your bike tricks - your not going to exactly get it right first go ...... quite often people come off bikes .... cars come off tracks .... but you keep trying.

I didnt bother going down there this weekend ....but i have been to Adelaide last september for a drift comp with a couple of guys from WA.

The half decent drivers i suspect your referring to belong to SilviaWA and one who is a drift instructor over here and a good friend of mine Ken Jaffey who owns Hyperdrive performance and is part of our car club SkylinesAustralia.
      Nizmo? Who's that bitch??

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!

Comment

Magenta,

Yea, i took a trip down there with a couple of the Silvia WA boys, funnily enough...they didn't seem to be able to keep up very well at all so there was lots of waiting involved. It was a nice run on the 1, those roads into Collie are allot of fun, nice long twisties. Some one said a few bikes showed up but i never saw them, mine was parked around the back.

As i understand it there were members of assorted car clubs but the event was sponsored/sorted/whatever by GSpeed..

It was not a bad day, you have to remember it was a bit of a armature session.. practice makes perfect.

Mr Jaffey and the C-RED guys put on a good show, unfortunately Ken blew a turbo gasket before I could ask him to take me for a lap

"My bike makes a 'Pssst ' sound.... every time I pass a slow ass turbo car"

Comment

ever been for a lap with Ken before Nath? haha i have heaps of times ..... absolutely awesome! He took me out in his race GTR (before he sold it) on the MC track just doing doughnuts etc everyone asked if they could do the coarse that we awere doing.

Going around the adelaide hills sideways was also awesome fun if we didnt have Lumpy weighing down the car haha.

Comment

i used to piss fart around doing these drifting things. didnt really do much for me... over steer counter steer, over steer counter steer apply a bit of throttle (or is that accellerator? cant remember anymore everything hs a throttle) in the right spots and ur laughing. pretty basic. anyone who cant get it after the first few tries should stick to driving a mini. cause they prolly the skill less carnts who write off bikers :evil:

4 Sale: R33 GTST Skyline Auto (but dont hold that against her ...she can move!!), Full GTR Bodykit, Forged Pistons, HKS Airpod, Blitz EBC, Apexi SAFC II and more .... PM for more details.
            all that money and it still goes slower down the quarter than a CBR250RR... well at least uve seen the light and its FOR SALE. Join us on the dark side of motoring.

P.S. u gota admit our asses look better in leather than in fire suits

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Cars

----

Comment

ever been for a lap with Ken before Nath?
                Only offroad.

Turns out it was the turbo not just the gasket...

Comment

Well the track website is here: http://www.motoringsouthwest.org.au/

Knew some guys down in Bunbury who used to head up there regularly and consistently have something semi-vital on their cars blow, break or crack And those are the ones who didn't end up in the dirt...

Not sure if the track would be much good for bikes, only stopped by briefly once. The country run on the way down there on the other hand is definitely worth several trips

Comment

all that money and it still goes slower down the quarter than a CBR250RR... well at least uve seen the light and its FOR SALE. Join us on the dark side of motoring
                    as i said i before, trying for the conversion
                    speaking of quarter mile comparisons 2sly........... we'll find out soon enough

Comment

nah not selling it for a bike ...... selling it for an R34. Those that went to Perth Auto Salon in October it was the black R34 I intend on buying.

I'd kill myself on a bike so i prefer my whales thanks

Comment

i used to piss fart around doing these drifting things. didnt really do much for me... over steer counter steer, over steer counter steer apply a bit of throttle (or is that accellerator? cant remember anymore everything hs a throttle) in the right spots and ur laughing. pretty basic. anyone who cant get it after the first few tries should stick to driving a mini. cause they prolly the skill less carnts who write off bikers  :evil:  
                        Dude, you have no idea on what ur talking about, everyone can 'powerslide' but drifting requires a whole lotta skill, and drifting on the street wouldnt even come close to the experience on the track.
                        Drift cars are not set up for just speed, they are setup to get majorly sideways around corners (Suspension mods galore!). Its a completely different feeling to bikes but hooking a car sideways in the top of 3rd gear around a track with full lock and maintaing control would definitely give a buzz.

Ive been a member of SilviaWA for years and am dying to get my next sil, lots a fun but does cost a whole lot more than bikes :cry:
                        People have been driting in perth for years and even having practise days at collie for agezzz but its only now that they are starting to get alot of spectators, and interest.l.
                        I have done advanced driver training days, and drift training days and its definitely worth it for anyone who is interested in getting involved in this type of motorsport.

Most of the ppl at collie would have been 'practicing' rather than 'competing' id say, as most of them have seen little track time. But some of the guys like Drift Mike and Gav are awesome to watch as they have been practising for years :twisted:

Comment

BTW my sil only had 230rwhp, wasnt set up for drag (mainly drift with coilovers <---stiffest suspension you can get), and would still pull 13.7 down the quater with my shit driving. Defintely faster than a CBR 250

Comment

lol

i'd have been surprised if it wasn't quicker than my cibbie. but, a bike is a bike. (so long as it's a honda )

Comment

They had the drifting as a display out a waneroo at the start of this year ....or was it the end of last year ....well anyway , it looked pretty cool to start off with and it would be wicked fun to do , but as a spectator it got a bit boring , Sorry guys , but i'd rather see close racing than drifting. I'm not doubting that it takes skill, 3rd gear sliding in a car is one thing , but try 4th gear sliding over skyline in the right hander , or sliding the back wheel coming out of the basin.....and then you feel the buzz of adrenalin ...knowing that if you F#@K it up it's 1.7mm of leather before it starts wearing out skin and bone !

Comment

Working...
                              X