Home Gym's....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Gym's....

I'm moving into a new house over the next cpl weeks and I finally have a room big enough to house a home gym.

I have only just started looking into purchasing the equipment so I am wondering if anyone who has one, or knows anything about home gym set ups give me any extra infos... such as good brands, good places to buy from etc...? I would rather a good qual second hander over a

I have been going to gym for as long as I can remember so I pretty much know what I need...

Basics would be a bench that can do incline,decline & flat... a pull down machine and a row machine... rest I can do via free weights?..

Anyway thanks for any infos
    Will you insure me?!

on that topic if anyone wants to sell me a benchpress 4 cheep im all ears
    this looks more painful than being a mexicans ass sphincter

the doctor said i wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if i kept my finger out of there.

Comment

Any ideas how much you want to spend ?? thats going to be the limiting factor....

I have a Weider gym at home ... its a good set up and does pretty much
      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

if you get up early in the morning on thursday and get the quokka you can get one for free thats resonable (3 station)

we get one a while ago not flashy but its all their and works good so if you can keep your eye out in the quokka something will come up. theirs always tons in their for sale for about 200 bucks.

hope this helps
        Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Any ideas how much you want to spend ?? thats going to be the limiting factor....

I have a Weider gym at home ... its a good set up and does pretty much
          Well I don't mind paying for quality. I am prepared to go up to 2500.. or 3000 if it blows me away... In the long run i won't lose much cash and save $$ on parking/water and time over going to current gym.

But yeah I'll def do the rounds through the gym shops, and second hand places that might sell em. Quakka is definately one of the things I was going to look through
          Will you insure me?!

Comment

I have experience in buying home gyms but not to that budget.

I got commercial grade equipment for home gym (not multi stage equipment but proper one machine one exercise - commercial grade equip like you would see in gym) with Smith machine, cable x-over, seated calf raise, seated pec dec, seated row, lat pull down (with tri-cep push down bar), hamstring curl, treadmill, bike, two incline/decline benches, ez curl bar, dumbbells 1kg to 10 and 12.5 to 35kg in 2.5 kg increments, ez-curl bar, 9 x 20kg plates, 4 x 10 kg plates, 2 x 5kg, 2 x 2.5kg plates (everything Olympic bars & Olympic plates) for $15,000.

It had everything you would need apart from maybe missing a good 45 degree leg press, which would set you back another couple of grand.

It was purchased from Nordic in Pier Street Perth. And is called the “blue” gear. It is the same gear that fills the Eagles Football Club training room so will last you forever.

Duno if you wana spend that sort of money however speak to Rob at Nordic, he will look after you.

May I suggest for only a few grand the best single piece of equipment is the the Blue Gear Smith Machine with a good sturdy incline decline bench and some dumbells. Cos as you know, with a good Smith Machine you can do heavy - flat bench, incline bench, decline bench, front delts, rear delts, traps (shrugs), bent over rows, squats, even calf raises, and you have the security of being able to latch on in the event you don’t have a spot. Perfect for training heavy, at home, by oneself. With a good range of dumbbells and using the same bench that you got with the smith machine you can train everything else that the smith wont do like bi’s, tri’s, more back, a good wide fly for your chest and more shoulders, more traps.

The other bit of kit that gets used often is the cable x-over machine. Good for fly’s, shoulder raises (front, side), back (crucifix), over the head tri-s (with a rope) and tris with a straight or 45 degree bar and abs.

I recon these simple two bits of kit would be far far better than any multi stage home gym that really does nothing well and as you are tall, like me, you can never get to full stretch on any home equipment, always get sticky spots which fucks up your shit, and you can never load up enough weight to make it worth while.

BEEFCAKE!!!!!!!!!!

Deej

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

$15,000 - holy shit Deej, roughly how much sand was kicked in your face when you were a puny kid?

Comment

I still am a puny kid. I'm just able to run faster now.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I'd recommend Nordic as well. (What Deej said.)

Being on a budget I went for the free weights option.

I got one of the decent incline up/down benches for $250
                  Plus one of those big freestanding chin-up/dips things for $250
                  And a shit-load of freeweights. 4 sets of dumbells (10's 20's 30's 40's). (Too lazy to change them on and off.) with some loose discs.

Yeah you can go buy the same for $100 at sports locker but it will go to shit real fast.

Also with free weights you need more muscle control to lift the same amount, and you won't crush your head if you bench too much.

(Can't do much legs stuff, knees are shot)
                  sigpic

Comment

1. I has seen Deej open some HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE canz'o'WHOOPASS.....so dont piss in me pocket.

2. I concur with Deej on the 2 pieces of equipment.

3. I has seen some well priced home gyms brand new at WA Salvage.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFCCCCCCCCAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE !!

Dubs

Comment

Personally? I'd forego the home gym and just keep going to the regular gym.

All that fine gym-chick ASS!!!

Why would you want to deprive yourself of that?

Besides, even if the gym you go to has mingers, don't worry, go there long enough, and they'll turn out alright. Just think, they get better looking every time they front up to the place.

Oh, and I concur with Big Dub. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFCAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!
                      Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

WOW Deej nice set up! :shock:

I am thinking along the same lines but just on a smaller budget.
                        But yeah I wasn't going to go the crappy 50 in 1 as you say being tall will limit me greatly.

I will def check nordic out asap.

Personally? I'd forego the home gym and just keep going to the regular gym.

All that fine gym-chick ASS!!!

Why would you want to deprive yourself of that?

Besides, even if the gym you go to has mingers, don't worry, go there long enough, and they'll turn out alright. Just think, they get better looking every time they front up to the place.
                        Yeah I know, we have a cpl nice ladies at the GYM but I feel like a rapist checking em out.. and on the flip side there are a few batty boys who check us out.. so they cancel themselves out.

But for me its all about conveniece... Its been awhile and a few innjuries since I have gone 120% at the gym so I figure I might as well do it at home and at least waste as little time keeping semi fit as possible hehe
                        Leaves more time for drinking
                        Will you insure me?!

Comment

Working...
                        X