This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannonball Run??

Been watching a few dvd's on Cannonball runs being held in America. Worth a look, Mischief 3000 You have to watch the dvd to get a better idea of what i am on about. Rich peoples race with five star hotel parties and endless speeding tickets. Looks like fun. Wondering if anyone has done or does that sort of thing in Aust.

I was thinking a dash across the nullabor to sydney, do 1000 kms a day. should take four days. Will cost, and will take a lot of organising but the thought is there. If there are any cops on site, what are the laws with having a big group riding together. This will not be a race! coff!

Just dreaming really, been very bored lately! :?
    Only do it in a car!
    0.00%
    Lets do it!
    75.00%
    Don't have the balls!
    25.00%
    No money and wouldn't want to have that much fun!
    0.00%
    My bike wouldn't make it!
    0.00%
    maybe???
    0.00%
    You would have to have a death wish.
    0.00%

This sounds very hooligan like, and I will have no part of hooligan or illegal activities.
    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

there used to be a cannonball from Brisbane to perth, it was not legal, but i can tell you the last record crossing was in a brock commodore in 38 hours, not a bad effort, at that pace i don't think they had any hotel parties. you could do it on a bike accross Oz but you would get sick of stopping at every petrol station as they are about 200k's apart.
      but if you want to get the ball rolling, i'm in, just have to go to kawasaki and ask for a test ride on the ZX12R.
      Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

There was an officially sanctioned Cannonball Run in the Northern Territory in 1992 if I recall - the first - and last due to those Jap guys in the F40 writing themselves and two race marshalls off.

The Territory was the obvious choice coz of the speed limits (or more to the point, lack of) and there was a huge field that participated if I recall. But folks who have tried to organise another one have had no luck with the Govt. there.

And there were some meaaannnnnn cars in that race!

Comment

I remember there being one of these in the NT a few years ago... As I remember it, the organisers canned it after a contestant missed a high speed turn and took out 3 cars and quite a few officials... Some of whom didn't survive... :shock:
          Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

I have edited in one more option to choose from. 'Death Wish"

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I remember there being one of these in the NT a few years ago... As I remember it, the organisers canned it after a contestant missed a high speed turn and took out 3 cars and quite a few officials... Some of whom didn't survive... :shock:
              such a tragic waste of a beautiful F40 too....... oh, and the blokes and all that... :shock:

Comment

The idea behind Mischief 3000 is to be more of a group drive than a race.
                The cops had been informed and the participants warned that speeding was illegal and that it was not a race, more for legal purposes i guess. But they did time the runs, i think for the more competitive people. There were also people just along for the drive keeping to the speed limit. The idea is completely legal it just becomes illegal for the individual when they decide to speed. :twisted:

Comment

There was an officially sanctioned Cannonball Run in the Northern Territory in 1992 if I recall - !

Yep is true and i waz there. the real reason for it never being repeated is because the organisers pissed off with the prize money and left the NT gov to pay the bills. The Japs lost control of there f40 at about 80kph on a very mild left hander (meaning 350kph corner) They werent waering helmets and were killed istantly when there heads knocked together.

Comment

logistically for fuel on a bike nullabour would be fucked.

Comment

You just gotta pick the right bike...

I can get ~270km on the 9R before reserve... 8)
                      Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Driving road-trains from Perth to Melbourne for 8 months, I think I have seen enough of the "paddock" to last me a life-time!
                        The thought of doing it on a bike (even with my comfy seat) makes me shudder! :shock:
                        Loud Pipes Save Lives

Comment

Aww... can I have my vote back - that was a better option

Comment

bring it dont sing it
                            Is Dead

Comment

Aww... can I have my vote back - that was a better option
                              no refunds ..sorry
                              Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Working...
                              X