Accident troubles.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accident troubles.....

well, before everyone starts comparing me to the shoes, i had an accident a week and a half ago, but i was not at fault. this was in the car, by the way..... just to clear that up for ya Gonz! i was going down my street and an old guy drove out of the side street right in front of me and i smacked into his passenger door (he was turning the same way i was going).
    he got out, and was okay about it (i was pissed off) then seemed to think it was a shared blame accident, which i quickly assured him it wasn't, then we swapped details and he left, both cars still drivable....

now, i was not happy about it, but imagine to my supreme anger the look on my face when i got told i had to pay the first $800 as an excess even though they agreed this guys was totally at fault, all because he doesn't have any insurance. when i asked why i had to pay at all, they said they may not be able to recover all the money from him, so someone had to pay........ WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK??????????

i didn't mind someone running into me and stuffing me round (and my dad sorting out the repairs (his car and insurance)), i didn't mind the old guy not even checking if his granddaughter was okay (sitting in the passenger seat looking out the window when i hit it) and i didn't mind that he gave me three different addresses for his contact details (managed to find the right one), i got a little pissed that the insurance company wanted to know about all accidents i had ever been in (EVER, not in the last five years) and a little more pissed that i have an extra excess due to a crash seven years ago and an age excess when i am 26.......... but being told i have to pay just because he doesn't have the cash to do so makes me so fucking mad :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

anyways, rant over...... now i NEED to sell the bike...... badly

That's shit-house, sorry to hear it.
    Is there such a clause in the insurance policy? That sounds stupid.

Who's the insurance company?
    sigpic

Comment

Bulbous.....That sounds extremely fucked up.....My assumption is whenever you have a not at fault claim, you are exempt from paying any excess whatsoever....excess only applies when you are at fault or it is a shared fault accident......so my advice to you is ring an insurance broker...and merely ask for advice...they may or may not give it to you, but they can more than likely find out whats going on
      "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

Comment

Bulby... sorry to hear about this mate..

Firstly whom are you insured with? (Waits to hear insurance companies name so he can put it on the "never insure with these guys" list)

Get a hold of your policy wording and find out as much as you can regarding "excess" and "not at fault excess".

I believe that if you are found not at fault, the insurance company cannot make you pay any excess, as long as there is a party they can pursue for the damages... therefore it sounds like someone is full of shit when they say you have to pay the excess regardless. Usually you pay the excess up front and later on when they make the decision that you are deemed "not at fault" you get the excess refunded back to you.

Keep us informed as to how you go with it all.
        If you can... you MUST!

Comment

this is with HBF car insurance, and i have been told that i have to pay up front, and then as soon as they recieve the FULL amount from this guys, i should get it back, but if he pays 99% of it then has no more cash, i have to wait till he finishes paying till i get my money back....

so, very annoyed and very very broke...... bollocks to all of it :x

Comment

I'm really surprised at this information... i'd call the insurance council of australia and ask some questions about your claim.
            If you can... you MUST!

Comment

:shock: HBF...thats bullshit, how can they do that shit, WTF are we paying for then...this is why it is so important to have minimum third party property damage insurance, we never plan to be at fault but so that people who are in bulb's situation are covered and so they should for doing the righty :evil:
              lucky it wasnt your bike man when i started reading it and you said you hit the side door i thought fuck i hope your ok...then i thought i hope he got it on video,

glad your ok, and i hope the grand daughter slaped the old fool upside the head :twisted:

Comment

It sounds to me like they are having a lend of you.

Contact the insurance ombudsman and ask them for assistance.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

wot he said

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

that is really fucked!!

somehow the 'milkman' makes sense to me now... :twisted:

Comment

I had exactly the same type of situation about 3 years ago. I wasn't at fault, guy had no money, I had to pay excess till he pays the money in full to the insurance company. So he doesn't pay I don't get money back.
                      I paid $1200.

Insurance company: SGIO
                      TRUST me, there is no use ringing any counsil or anything. That is how insurance companies work. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

One thing I did get advised to do, was register a case against him. But that will take close to even a year to come through. But even if you did win, the guy might claim complete bankcrupcy, in which case you ain't getting shit anyway. On the other hand, if he doesn't, you will be able to get the money back off him in the next 10 years in 5 dollar monthly instalments.

Makes my blood boil. :evil:
                      Ideal Soccer Team

Comment

i too had one of these a few years ago

enlist the help of third party recovery company .. they will take on the responsibility of recovering the funds from the person at fault.

they will go as far as sue for damages ..

also just curious ..wat does the police report say ?? does it put the blame on him ??
                        Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

That is how insurance companies work. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.
                          Not true. My bike was stolen by a lowlife with no money, the insurance company didnt get any money out of him and I got my excess back.
                          If you can... you MUST!

Comment

wot he said

It's amazing thins companys will do when they hear that word "ombudsman"

Comment

i too had one of these a few years ago

enlist the help of third party recovery company .. they will take on the responsibility of recovering the funds from the person at fault.

they will go as far as sue for damages ..

also just curious ..wat does the police report say ?? does it put the blame on him ??
                              This is why we have insurance companies. So we dont have to do this. I would definately check the policy. First i have heard of this. It used to be as long as you could provide the details of the other party that was at fault you didnt have to pay. Maybe they is getting greedyer and no one saw the policy change.

Comment

Working...
                              X