Clear All

• satelite internet

can anyone give me info on sat internet..poss deej

cost etc

thanks
    A site all parents should check regulary
    http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

sat internet is cost dependant on what you want it for really how much data you want to send, speed rates and how much you want to spend
    try looking at iriddium or nera, apparrently they are pretty good

Comment

Craig do you mean from Telstra ?

Or from a private source ( like wirless from another persons house )

Telstra has two systems that I know of,

Normal sat through foxtel - which only downloads, you still need 56gay for uploading.

Sat Two Way ( not sure if you can get this in the metro ) which is used to up and download, but I believe it's very expensive.

There some net geeks who have broadband and bounce it of other peolpes houses using mini microwave tx/rx units. ( DJ Nitrous will know more about this )

look up www.bigpond.com or call them to speak to one of our call centre staff in India for prices

Hope this helps in some way.

Comment

Craig satelite can give you awsome bandwidth but the latency (ping) is lousy cos it has too far to go.

So I guess what I am saying is if you were a corporation and you need huge bandwidth to download stacks of shit, no problemo.

If you were Joe Gamer who just wanted a good amount of bandwidth but more importanly an awsome ping to game servers, then satelite is a no go.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

For 1 way sat in Australia, IHUG (read IINet) are probably your best bet, be cheaper than telstra.

If you end up wanting it and need hardware let me know, I have a stack of it around the place from my Broadlogic days.

Comment

thanks for the replies guys
            A site all parents should check regulary
            http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Working...
            X