Hayfever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hayfever

It seems the hayfever season has set in once again, and we're all left with itchy ears, eyes, and running noses, and it seems to get worse every year.

I've taken a number of anti-histamines and other stuff to try and help, but never seem to be able to stop the itchyness in my ears.

What's everyone's secret remedy?

awesome topic mate

I have had this shite for years

dated a chick who recommended me eating "Pollen" and eating more honey....

best start to the season I have ever had, I still get a little itchy (Std's do that to you)
    and sneeze here n there, but some becanase up me boogle n eye drops sort it straightaway

off you go to Mundaring and get ya pollen n honey

Oh PS

lots of JD seams to help also, when I drink that I never get it
    Real Men Ride Nakid
    http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

It seems the hay fever season has set in once again, and we're all left with itchy ears, eyes, and running noses, and it seems to get worse every year.

I've taken a number of anti-histamines and other stuff to try and help, but never seem to be able to stop the itchiness in my ears.

What's everyone's secret remedy?[/b]

Funny you should mention this as just this morning I started sneezing my head off It has actually started later this year I have been using Sudafed antihistamines and a Beconase nasal spray during the day lately with good affect. They usually make me a bit drowsy at first but then my body gets used to them and I am fine although I do tend to sleep better at night as I usually try and take them in the evening or just before bed. I have tried most on the market over the years since I have had hay fever since ~8 years of age, in fact when I was a kid I needed a prescription only antihistamine as it was so bad but am much better now Another thing to be aware of is what the triggers are, as in my case it is grass seed, I can walk through a florist shop no problem but walk past a vacant lot with that "wild oats" type long grass and start sneezing like crazy I haven't had much luck with the "non drowsy" hay fever treatments, sure they don't make me drowsy but they also don't get rid of the bad symptoms either
      #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
      Originally posted by Phildo
      Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
      Originally posted by filbert
      i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
      Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

these are what i take for hayfever but you need to start drinking water in about 1/2 hour as they really really dry you up

IMG]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o151/taz41962z/Photo00851.jpg[/IMG]
        A site all parents should check regulary
        http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

i taken most fo the usual - telfast, clartyne etc etc

but one of the best things ive found lately is rhinocourt - brilliant stuff

Comment

Zyrtec work for me if I have just as it starts.

but one of the best things ive found lately is rhinocourt - brilliant stuff[/b]
            In full swing I found rhinocourt wasn't enough, Nasonex is an even bigger and better 'roid.
            Not particularly good for ya. But sure as shit sorts the sinus out nearly instantly.
            sigpic

Comment

My biggest problem is the itching eyes and ears/throat, so nasal sprays are for the really bad days.

If my nose is runny the Demazin 12hr tablets work, but riding the bike gets the pollen in my eyes, same stuff as what Taz posted (minus the painkillers).

At home we've got the rye grass over the back fence, a couple of giant eucalypts, and a heap of smaller plants, so whatever there is to be allergic to, it's probably close at hand.

Comment

ya, hayfever blows
                mustve sneezed 50 times today
                mines not too bad though so a telfast 24hour sorts me out for the day

just noticed my bad pun in the opening statement there

Comment

Thought about having a 24hr before you go to bed?
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm using Zantac (or Zirtek, whichever is cheaper for the same thing) this season because I forgot the whole desensitisation thing AGAIN and now it's too late for this year.

I went for four years getting a series of 3 or 4 cortizone shots in august/september and then not having one sneeze. That's rolling in grass clippings and watching pollen thick in the air for the first time I can remember.

Now the GPs won't do it any more, apparently osteoporosis and cancer are somewhat more inconvenient than hayfever

Selfish bastards
                    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

telfast ftw
                      Originally posted by Bendito
                      If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

If the itchy eyes in particular are a problem try Zaditen eyedrops- can buy over the counter at your chemist. Oral antihistamines can be tricky as they will take care of the sneezing/itchy nose but can dry the eyes more and increase the discomfort. Have used Zaditen on alot of people who have come in with seasonal hayfever (which has been a shocker this year) with good results- failing that a script from your doctor for Patanol normally sorts it out.

Comment

ive tried many things over the years but beconase seems to be the one for me....

Comment

fkn hayfever!

have had it most of my life and have tried most of the stuff out there

but the only thing that seems to work is rhinocourt

Comment

I cop the itchy eyes, sneezing, followed by a runny nose

Phenergan works for me (antihistamine) ... I take the 10mg ones ... any stronger and they tend to make me drousy

Comment

Working...
                              X