Rotto-nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotto-nest

Planning on taking wifey and little-uns (3 and 1.5) to Rotto for the first time.
    Staying for 5nites in a unit.

I know how to plan a pissy boys trip.
    Not sure what to plan for a kiddy adventure with my hellspawn...

Any advice, hints or tips from the wise ?
    Any lessons learned from any "holidays from hell" ?

I'm talking food, transport, entertainment etc - you know - the basics....

TIA,
    big_harold

I like to box. How I like to box.
    So, every day, I box a Gox.
    In yellow socks I box my Gox.
    I box in yellow Gox box socks.

leave the kids with granny and gramps

Comment

a babysitter

Comment

On Rotto, you will generally run out of things to do pretty quickly, apart from going to the beach of course....

Make sure you go see a good number of different beaches, I personally recommend Stark Bay at Narrowneck (Western end of the Island) as well as Parker Point and Longreach for snorkelling. The Basin is also nice, but is usually quite full. Make sure you visit the Bakery for delicious pies at every opportunity possible, and don't go to the Red Rooster.

Grab a push-bike for one day and go for a ride around the island, but take PLENTY of water/cream. There is no running water in the more isolated ends of the island, and if you have to pedal your own bike (and perhaps tow a child) and hold a bag, you'll be looking for a drink before too long. Make sure you have dinner at the tea rooms one night, and several bears from the pub. Apart from that, try and lose the wife and kids and make friends with people on a boat...
        c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

If you've got kids, go to Geordie bay to stay, it's quieter, and even though its a bit of a ride to the pub, it makes it quieter in the evenings for the kids etc, if you stay Thompson bay you always stand the chance of having the 'hoons' living next door.

Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

+1 on geordie. great beaches near there too.

5 nights on rotto is in my opinion too long.. 3 nights and you'll see/do all you can on rotto unless you have unlimited budget and babysitters.

Comment

Working...
            X