Duty Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Free

It's been a few years since I flew out of Perth on an international flight, and there's a few things I want Duty Free. Does anyone know where I can get Sunny's DF? Are there any DF inside the transit area worth looking at?

While I am on it, is there any way to do the DF alcohol thing now? My understanding is that I am not allowed to have more than 100ml of fluid in my carry on.
    "It's just a motorcyle race" - Mick Doohan, post-race press conference, Phillip Island.

They have some duty free stores both land and airside.

You cannot pass through security with more than 100ml, but you can purchase goods ariside and bring them with you. So, if you buy your duty free booze inthe airside departure terminal, you are fine. One word of caution tho, If you are travelling on a connecting international flight, there is a good chance you might have to go through security again (and no booze for you!).

The Duty free stores airside also allow you to buy goods at their land/retail stores and pick them up just before you board.

You might also want to look into the Tourist REfund Scheme. If you have an invoice for over $300 and carry the goods with you past immigrations (ie. hand lugage) you will get the GST portion refunded to your CC etc. So, if your sunnies are over $300 (or you buy two pair), you can do it that way. I'd suggest you find the pair you want and then call the duty free stores to see their price.

Where are you travelling to? You may find you'll have a better range and price at some airports (Changi/Singapore is a favourite!) and you can purchase after you land.

This reminds me, I need to get some booze for sepang........

Comment

Go to the Duty Free shops in town and ask there.

The rules have changed considerably, and you need to be aware of each countries requirements (of amount of alcohol you may take in there). The assistants at the DF stores in town are up to speed as to the best way to get around the latest debacle.

Sammy is on the money...but it is much easier talking to the guru's at Downtown Duty Free (for example).
      Originally posted by Viper
      I'm probably fucking something up.
      FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
      Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post
        Sammy is on the money...but it is much easier talking to the guru's at Downtown Duty Free (for example).
        And probably better looking!

Comment

Thanks guys - very helpful.
          Are you also going to Sepan, Sammy? I leave a week on Thu.
          Which Hotel are you at?
          "It's just a motorcyle race" - Mick Doohan, post-race press conference, Phillip Island.

Comment

Originally posted by DesmoFan View Post
            Thanks guys - very helpful.
            Are you also going to Sepan, Sammy? I leave a week on Thu.
            Which Hotel are you at?
            I'm heading across with the Group. Dorsett Regency. Leave next Wed. YAY!

Malaysia allows only 1L of booze in total (as per Duty Free Stores Australia - Australian duty free and other duty free allowances) so make it strong!

Comment

Working...
            X