Plasma TVs may be banned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plasma TVs may be banned.

Most plasma television sets are in danger of being banned from sale in Australia if a proposed energy-efficiency rating system is adopted.
    A report commissioned by the Federal Government says there is a growing demand for plasma and LCD televisions, which use more power than traditional TV sets.
    It says energy rating labels are needed to tell consumers about the performance of the TVs.
    But under a proposed six-star rating system, most current plasma TVs do not meet the requirements and could be removed from sale.
    The report also suggests "minimum energy performance standards" be introduced which would eliminate the worst performing TVs.
    It would mean all current plasma TVs and many LCDs could be removed from sale by 2011
    clicky for story

What a crock of shit. Concentrate on energy efficency for industry.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

LOL

I think they may have their facts mixed up. LCDs are far more efficient than traditional CRT televisions.
    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

I think they should stop fucking with stuff that aint broken. When the rich people and industry have to follow the same rules I do then I "may" listen to what the boffins have to say

Comment

up next for banning : high end video cards and quad core CPU's

bwhahaha!

Comment

^^^^^ Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkunk View Post

bwhahaha!
            Who in hell needs a 1Kw power supply to run a PC though, thats getting to be the next e-penis extension.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkunk View Post

bwhahaha!
              Yeah shit i mean who ever thought we'd need 1000W+ PSUs in our PCs

Hmm green power... quantum PC
              In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
              If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Snap!!!!111!!!!!

Comment

bwahahaha

Comment

Just incase you ever had doubts as to why one may require such a PSU.

Comment

Yeah my mate has a 900w PSU in his machine (Q6600 and 8800 GT-something top of the range).

Suddenly my 550w feels small

I don't understand where this stuff has come from tho? Banning big tv's cause they use too much power? Why not ban large air-con units as well

OH YOUR AIRCON IS TOO COLD AND USES TOO MUCH POWER, BETTER USE A SMALLER MODEL!

Comment

Dr Mr Carpenter,

Before deciding for me what television I am allowed to purchase, please consider alternative power sources for your desal plant phalic extension.

Kthxbai.

Comment

*cough* Nuclear

Comment

Peh!!!!

Wave...

Comment

id rather hook some fatties up to treadmills or something...

2 birds, 1 stone!

Comment

Working...
                              X