Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbian OS

Just got a new Nokia N73.
    How bad is this Symbian OS? Slow, clunky, locks up all the time.
    Utter shite.

samsung FTW
    Originally posted by kyliejane
    benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
    Originally posted by harns
    Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

My N95 seems ok... ive had it for a few months now and its only crashed once that I can remember.
      If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Ive been using Symbian now for about 5 years. If you're use to standard nokias or other phones, it's slow and clunky at first. You get use to it though. If its locking up all the time though, you have a problem.

Some phones do symbian better than others though.
        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        Its the little things that make the difference
        Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Symbian is great. got it on my mobile and also done software development on it.

if your phone is crashing/locking up, then either your phone is faulty or possibly not running the latest firmware. definetly worth updating using Nokia PC Suite. just remember to back up your phone to a spare memory card BEFORE updating the firmware.

happy to help out/offer advice if need be.

Comment

I WANT MY FUCKING 6110 ALREADYlc

Comment

thats pretty much all i have to contribute

Comment

Fucking crap...

Intuitiveness ... 0
                Performance .... 0
                looks .... 0

I'm convinced there are no decent phone OS's at the moment, from what I have seen the new SE one is pretty buggy as well, in its defense at least it is somewhat intuitive when compared to symbian.

The only phone i would like to spend some time with as it looks like it could be a winner is the blackberry perl.

Comment

Symbian is actually the underlaying OS of most Nokia phones. Basically the smart phones are running the Series60 UI whereas more basic ones are Series40.

SE also use Symbian for their smart phones, like the P910 or what ever its called. It just used the UIQ user interface which allows stylus input.

Comment

Originally posted by nath View Post
                    blackberry perl.
                    Had one in my last job.
                    They are OK, but the look and feel of the OS is shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                      Had one in my last job.
                      They are OK, but the look and feel of the OS is shocking.

I only played with Maya's for a few minutes..... Its going to suck to be you with a symbian device then..

Comment

everything about Nokia has gone down since the demise of the mighty 5110.

Comment

I too want a fucking 6110! I had to get a 6120, which is symbian, and it's fast and reliable. But I hear it's an updated version and faster processor from the slightly older models like the N73.
                          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Its a bit clunky but not too bad. I'm running an N80i, and it's only locked up a couple of times. You can get some pretty cool software for it tho.
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Still prefer the SE system...

Comment

Working...
                              X