Must have one of these.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must have one of these.

LiveLeak.com - Those crazy suicidal French Pilots again ! Great compilation !!!

Crazy Frenchmen.

A lot of that footage was from "Les Chevaliers du Ciel" which was a french 'top gun' without the homo eroticism. While they were filming it, the film crews complained that they couldn't get any decent films of the planes, so the french authorities relaxed the regs so that they planes were allowed to fly within a metre of each other, down to an altitude of 3 metres at up to mach 2.2
    "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Hows the scene where they actually touch wing tips at what? fuckin 1000knts!

Comment

that is so awesome.

how much for a ride in one of those baby's
        Wes

Comment

They won't to mach 2.2 at low altitude

Most fighters have a max of around 700kts or less at sea level, which is only (lol) slightly quicker than mach 1

Go much faster than that (some of them can exceed that speed at that altitude briefly - eg F4 phantom for one...) and things like windscreens start getting too hot, too... i know the last thing i'd want is the screen to crack and hit me in the face at 700+ knots
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

In that page, look for "French Mirage F1 performing low level flying in Chad"--some of the footage from the other clip, and a lot more besides
            " Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill"

Comment

Working...
            X