Seller beware....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seller beware....

Mr A has a motorcycle for sale, and Mr B is interested, Mr B has no transport, so Mr A, who is generally a nice, understanding kin of fellow, rides the bike down for Mr A to look at it, and later in the week, Mr B attends Mr A's abode, and a deal is struck and a deposit laid down, then Mr A gives Mr B a lift home.
    Mr B is a very impatient young man, as one would expect, buying his first motorcycle and all, so Mr A runs around getting it rego'd and licenced so Mr B can have it the next day.
    Mr A once again rides the bike to Mr B's house where a bank transfer is done for the remaining monies. Mr A has had this account for years and knows the details off by heart naturally. Mr A then leaves the bike with Mr B, all transferred into his name and goes home, happy in the fact that he has gone out of his way in letting Mr B have the bike without actually having the cash.
    He had requested cash.
    More than once.
    Mr A waits for the money to arrive in his account.
    Waits.
    Waits.
    On Thursday Mr B gets in contact, saying he must have given him the wrong bank details as the transaction was returned, so Mr A says no worries, I'll ride down and grab the CASH off you on Saturday afternoon about 2 ish, as he has just bought his Mrs a shiny red sports car and needs to pick it up and pay for it.
    In cash.
    Mr B says he is busy, and would 4 o'clock be ok.
    Mr A, being nice and reasonable, says fine, no worries, and arranges to pick up the car at 5 ish on Saturday.
    Mr B rings Mr A on Saturday morning saying that he needs 24 hours to get cash, so he got a bank cheque instead. Mr A loses the fucking plot at Mr B, he specifically wanted cash, and had made this very clear.
    Numerous times.
    Why did he not call and ask? Could have made the cheque out to the car seller instead of Mr A.
    Or could have even sorted out the money on Thursday.
    Or Friday.
    Now Mr A has to find a branch of his credit union (none close to his VERY busy job) and wait until the bank cheque clears, and Mrs A doesn't get her nice convertible sports car today like she was supposed to.
    Mr A advises private sellers not to part with anything until you have all the cash in your hand.
    Regardless of if you know the person, trust them or presume that they will go out of their way because you did.
    Mr A also advises Mr B that he can shove his bike cover up his impatient selfish arse.
    Last edited by Desmo; 13-10-2007, 03:49 PM.

Thanks for sharing mate - not a nice lesson for anyone to learn
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Are you serious? Mr A would go to those lengths to sell a bike? Bloody hell...there are still nice people in this world....and the bastards still take advantage of them.

So..the moral of the story is that Mr A (affable)...became Mr A (Arsehole)?
      Originally posted by Viper
      I'm probably fucking something up.
      FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
      Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by FJ Steve View Post
        Are you serious? Mr A would go to those lengths to sell a bike?
        Mr A didn't need to sell the bike, but wanted to make the transaction as painless as possible for Mr B, and to get him out there as soon as possible.
        Should be a fun and easy time for all, each party has simple requests that need to be met.

Comment

This is why i just wear the trade in cost of my stuff :|
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Sounds like Mr A needs to come over for a beer to cool off.

Sorry to hear the story mate, some ungrateful cunts just don't recognise kindness.
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

On the plus side - at least Mr B didn't shoot through and become an uncontactable Mr B...
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Poor Mrs A. No shiny red car for the weekend.

Seriously though - Mr A should know better and not be so farking nice to everybody!
                "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

We have spoken about this before haven't we....

Comment

I think everything would have turned out better for Mr A if he hadn't piked early at the pub.
                    FTP

Comment

I'm sure a more severe hangover at work today would have really lightened Mr A's mood.

Comment

I like to think it would ^_^
                        FTP

Comment

Why can't we name Mr A? Is it because of the rape charges still before the courts?
                          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                            Why can't we name Mr A? Is it because of the rape charges still before the courts?
                            No...it's the medication he is currently using. Apparently.
                            Originally posted by Viper
                            I'm probably fucking something up.
                            FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                            Administrator

Comment

You want Mr C and Mr D to go perpetrate some mischeif at Mr B's? Nobody will ever know, it'll be a Mr E.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Working...
                              X