Info for those with monitored alarm systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info for those with monitored alarm systems

If you currently have a monitored home alarm system with a panic button or keypad operated panic/duress function, the rules for police response to this shall change as at Friday 21st October 2007.

Currently, activiting this button or feature on your alarm system will invoke imediate police response to your premises. Due to the high incidence of false activation and subsequent waste of police resources, the PCC in conjuction with the ARWG have ammended the policies pertaining to repsonse.

Your current duress and panic buttons or keypad operated duress feature will be reclassified as "Request for Assistance". What this means is that instead of the imediate police response, the security monitoring company will phone you to ascertain the threat and dispatch police if required. If you are not contactable at the premises, one of your nominated persons will be contacted to attend. If you or a nominated person can not be contacted to confirm the type of assistance required, the event will then be classified as "unresolved". Unresolved events will not be passed onto external agencies for further action.

There are ways around this but they will cost you in additional phone calls from your alarm system.

Some businesses may also be affected by these changes.

If any one would like further clarrification on this, please contact your security service provider or PM me if they cant give you a straight answer.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Okay, hypothetical for ya!

Non reflective perosn breaks into my house.....
    I manage to get to the panel and press the duress button.
    NR person notices what I have done, grabs me, places a gun at my head and tells me not to answer the phone. Interesting.

On a funnier note....similar thing happened in the RAAF when we opened the cash safe one morning. The new cashier forgot to ring the RAAF Police section, to have the alarm turned off. Opened the safe, and the silent duress alarm was activated. Next thing..."ring ring"...."ring ring" "Pay section...Cpl Leonard speaking." RAAFPol dude on the other end says "you guys okay up there? The alarm has just gone off!!" Dumb Fuck..."Nah...4 guys are dead, and the robber has a gun to my head....you fuckwit...Sergeant "

Anyway...thanks for the heads-up Aphex...
    Last edited by FJ Steve; 17-10-2007, 12:25 PM.
    Originally posted by Viper
    I'm probably fucking something up.
    FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
    Administrator

Comment

Hope our home invader takes his time killing and raping the inhabitants then.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

Its bullshit realy. Especially considering one of the co-chairs of the ARWG runs a security company himself and knows full well the issues. Another idea being bandied about a few years ago was to charge people for false activations. This in my view would have been far more productive in the end. All its going to take is one person to be incapacitated and unable to answer the phone for the shit to hit the fan.
        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

What a crock. In most situations where this Panic Button is needed you'll either be in a situation where you cant answer the phone, or you have a gun to your head so you cant give the right response to get the help needed.
          The Equity Crowd
          Marketing, Websites, Business Development

Comment

Usually the 'nominated person' is inside the house when these things are going down.

I can see this working well...

Comment

Nominated persons for contact can be anyone. Normally the occupants of the home are first on the list but often we have upto 6 or 7 individuals listed.

Comment

Panic button under a small breakglass? The other is hard to describe, but have a small cover for the button, and the button mounted upside down. That way its easy to press the alarm, but hard to bump or accidentally knock the duress alarm.

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

Originally posted by Sentry View Post
                  Panic button under a small breakglass? The other is hard to describe, but have a small cover for the button, and the button mounted upside down. That way its easy to press the alarm, but hard to bump or accidentally knock the duress alarm.

Most duress alarms are activated by punching in a pre defined code that is different to the actual disarm code or a remote.

The panic button is usually just that, hit it and sirens sound.

G...
                  http://www.motorsportpics.net

Comment

Terminology You know what I mean

"Always out-numbered, never out-gunned"

Comment

It will take one person raped or fucked up after pressing their panic button without response and the event splashed all over the channel 7 news and this policy will change. Shame its unlikely to be someone close to the Minister for the Police's tho.

Crazy considering home invasions are more popular than security guy to McDonalds shareholders. This policy el help ay?

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I think the burglar should have the ability to hit the panic button other wise I will just keep hitting him.......
                        Real Men Ride Nakid
                        http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

[quote=Aphex;630288]If you currently have a monitored home alarm system with a panic button or keypad operated panic/duress function, the rules for police response to this shall change as at Friday 21st October 2007.
                          [quote]

Friday 21st October 2007 cough cough
                          Real Men Ride Nakid
                          http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by Billywhizz View Post
                            Friday 21st October 2007 cough cough
                            Cheers mate. Should have been September. I know its a little late but I dare say most security companies have issued notice yet.

Grynch. It is possible to have a hardwired duress button. The signal sent to the control room wether that be panic/duress/medical/fire etc when that button is pressed is determined by the programming assigned to the buttons zone.

Comment

Ok so if there are lots of false alarms then clearly that is a design issue with the alarm systems (ie they are being activated too easily by accident) OR it is human error.

Panic alarm is pressed. Half and hour later some fat 'tard in a Hyundai Getz from the security company putters around. Great. I feel much safer now.

Comment

Working...
                              X