Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car on the dyno - vid

Yes i know it's a bike forum

But, the car club i'm in had it's dyno day today, so i thought i'd share my best run with any one thats interested.

She's a lightly modified auto 7M-GTE, so i wasn't expecting huge numbers & after spitting off part of her intercooler plumbing, she pulled 192.8rwhp which is kind of ok... i spose lol.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oJaI4U6Nj8]YouTube - Supra WA Dyno Day[/ame]

Mhe is no torana
    Hot air balloons, the gentleman's escape vehicle.

Comment

I still want a supra ...

Nice Wheels Cath.

Comment

Originally posted by Seldo View Post
        Mhe is no torana
        Go back to your cave :p

Dingo, cheers for that, she's pretty awesome, has a nice low note to her, not as high pitched as most of the others that were there today (22 all up, was a good turn out).

There's always a couple for sale on the forum, if you want a looksie i can give you the link
        Last edited by cath2791; 21-10-2007, 10:11 PM. Reason: can't spell for shit

Comment

Alas with my recent pay cut it will have to remain a dream for a while yet cath

grrrr I can probably now afford the insurance on a twin turbo too now Im Grandpa aged

Comment

LOL Well at least your insurance would be cheap

Unfortunately these cars are pretty big money pits, one of the members has spent $70k on his, it's a 2JZ-GTE, it's best on the day was 613.4rwhp... she screamed! It was unreal

Comment

600 rwhp!

That might make it almost as fast as a 'busa .

Damm, now I really want a supra again!

Comment

When Raven finally condenses down the vid, i'll up put the link up here for you to check out We took a few of them, but youtube doesn't like big files, most annoying!

Comment

Supra <3

I need to get video of mine (180sx) on the dyno next time when the screamer pipe and cams go on Kinda given up selling it, i might have a work car soon anyway (which means the 180 can get made angry )

What have you done to get the 192hp? Has the 7M had the head gasket sorted out yet (chronic 7M prob from the factory - they weren't torqued down properly or something)?
                  Last edited by thro; 21-10-2007, 10:57 PM.
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Hey Thro

When i bought the car, a few mods had been done (semi decent inter cooler plumbing, bigger diameter pipes, slight boost increase, the exhaust has been played with a bit too, but not done properly, to small in diameter & restrictive muffler).

She had major over heating problems from the start though, I had the biggest radiator i could fit in my car fitted, we went thru 2 water pumps (1st one had crappy impeller design). Then i got a recon head and made sure they fitted a metal head gasket.

All up spent about $4000 (and that was just keeping it cool lol)

Now that she's run on the dyno and we can see what she's putting out we know what to play with next... Bring on next years dyno!

Comment

Good stuff. The 7M is always kinda in the shadow of the 2JZ as far as power output goes, but given that you've got the metal head gasket sorted out, you should be able to get plenty of power for street use - if the rest of the motor is healthy.

~400hp at the bags would be plenty... and being a 3 litre it's actually got a decent amount of displacement to spool something like a GT35, too
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

That's a nice car.
                        I was got a nice car once and was gona do it up. Then i decided to buy a house.
                        Then another. Now i drive a shitty car. But i dont have a mortgage. One day i will buy a nice car...
                        sigpic

Comment

400 would be nice

I'm hoping to get the exhaust sorted 1st, then i'll look at getting a custom fit intercooler and bigger turbo.

After that, i think she'll deserve a fresh coat of paint

Comment

Originally posted by XSorXpire View Post
                            That's a nice car.
                            I was got a nice car once and was gona do it up. Then i decided to buy a house.
                            Then another. Now i drive a shitty car. But i dont have a mortgage. One day i will buy a nice car...
                            Ahh, a man with his head screwed on backwards.... Always watching his wallet.

So young and so damn responsible.
                            To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.

Originally posted by PSB Forum Software
                            Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAKgAIIzBmg]YouTube - Supra WA Dyno Day[/ame]

613rwhp

Comment

Working...
                              X