X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Ride to Cure Diabetes

G’day everyone!

I'm writing to ask for your support.
    Help support the search for a Diabetes cure by supporting me on my 160km ride in the Barossa Valley in South Australia, my aim is to raise $10,000...

I believe that we need to find a cure for the 140,000 Australian children and adults living with type 1 (juvenile) diabetes.

Why should you support me?
    · In Australia, there are around 5 new cases of type 1 diabetes diagnosed every day and the incidence is increasing.
    · Unlike type 2 diabetes, type 1 has nothing to do with diet or lifestyle and cannot be prevented.
    · The long-term complications of the disease can include blindness, heart disease, kidney failure, and even amputation.
    · People with type 1 diabetes need up to six insulin injections every day, just to stay alive.
    · Insulin is not a cure for type 1 diabetes – currently there is no cure. That's why I am Riding. Your donation will fund vital research, which will one day find a cure for type 1 diabetes.

Visit my personal Ride website to make a donation or for more information:
    JDRF - Ride to Cure Diabetes

Thank you for your support.

Matthew Kenneday

P.S. When you donate you will receive a receipt for your tax-deductible donation via email.

No worries mate will donate.

Terrible illness.

Good on you for trying to make a difference.

Can we sticky this?

Comment

Good on you mate, seems a fairly large undertaking to get there etc even if the ride itself isn't that huge.

A cause worth supporting.

I am a miserly prick, but I'll donate if you ride to the meet point as well... :o
      Last edited by Captain Starfish; 23-10-2007, 08:30 PM. Reason: didnae want to completely shit in a good-cause thread this early.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Thanks guys, every dollar counts!

Comment

Come on guys, I still need your support!
          Please donate, be generous, its XMAS!!!

Comment

is it a pushy ride or a motorbike ride?
            If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Its a push bike ride, over 160km in the Barossa Valley in South Australia.
              From what im told, itll be very hot, and the terrain is very hilly.

Comment

thought so, a 160km motorbike ride seemed pretty slack :p
                If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Yeah would hardly seem worth it.
                  But yeah on a pushy, please donate if you can!

Comment

Working...
                  X