Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling for help from either Desmo or Nath

hey guys,

i still need help getting this mac laptop up and running......

are either of you able to help me out please..

thanks guys

What do you need?
    Specifically
    Last edited by Kryzaach; 24-10-2007, 02:12 PM. Reason: blah
    "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Cip also uses backwards technology.
      sigpic

Comment

Psyched's a Mac man as well, if you can't get either of those two

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post

You're one to talk about directions
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
            You ride a kawsaki, don't you.

Comment

not sure exactly what is wrong, but i bought this laptop from one of murdoch's mates and it was working fine for a few weeks. Then i moved house and didn't touch it for bout 3 weeks, ( in this time it was in is't laptop bag nice and safe), then when i went to use it, nothing worked.

i mean it turns on and all, but it is like everything has been wiped from it.....

can anyone help????

Comment

Yea, I can try.

Can you drop it off in Perth/Vic Park and I can take a look at it.

Comment

I think you should sell it and buy a dell, for a real quality notebook.

Comment

At a very very basic diagnosis, sounds like you are logged on as a different user. Click the apple, choose log out, and see iof you get several options.
                    "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

kryzaach..... that won't help cause nothing shows up but a cross in the middle of the screen......

nath, did you want me to drop it off to your place?

i can do that friday after work if you want....

Comment

ah, righto, misunderstood what you meant by everything being wiped

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy View Post
                          it was working fine for a few weeks. Then i moved house and didn't touch it for bout 3 weeks, ( in this time it was in is't laptop bag nice and safe), then when i went to use it, nothing worked.

i mean it turns on and all, but it is like everything has been wiped from it.....

can anyone help????
                          I know you said it was safe in a bag, but just check that the battery and hard drive haven't been jostled loose. If you've been runnning it off the battery, try hooking it up to power. Is the screen latch damaged so that the laptop thinks its in hibernate mode? (Although the screen should just be black then I think) Has it been near any strong temperature changes or magnetic fields? What happens if you insert the OS X recovery disc and reboot?

Next version of OS X is released 6pm tomorrow... you could buy that and see if it helps |-)

Comment

Yea, will PM details.

Comment

Working...
                            X