Lolly's version of the breakin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lolly's version of the breakin.

Haha thats been great reading all your comments in Spock's thread (especially the ones about ME! )

I just want to give a short(er) recount of my experience for those interested from the girlie pov.

About 10 or so minutes before Spock's story begins, I heard an unusual noise coming from the kitchen. It also startled one of our cats. I had to get up from the lounge anyway so thought I'd go see what it was. I went in to the kitchen and was a little suprised to see the lid of a takeaway container and a plastic bag on the floor. I figured well the window is open so I guess the wind must have blown it to the floor, but the noise seemed louder than that - although I was satisfied that at least part of the noise was definitely that of a plastic lid falling to the floor. So on that basis, I didn't think anything more of it. In hindsight, I think the baddie may have been making his first attempt to get inside.

Anyway, we were just saying how it was getting late and we should start getting ready for bed (and that crap Hollywood Exposed had just finished), so Spock got up and went to the kitchen.

At that point, I hear this blood curdling yell. I think WTF - has Nen stepped onto a disembowelled rat or something (for context - our puddies have of late been making it a habit of bringing home a number of presents - mouse, lizard and most recently a very large rat).

Initially I did nothing - who would go and help if you think that is what you might see. But he kept yelling. That freaked me out. So I jumped up and went to the door of the lounge and peeked around - worried I might also step onto this bloody rat that I was now imagining was the size of a dog. I looked but couldn't see anything - I looked for Nen thinking maybe the cat was still holding onto said rat, and he is carrying both out of the door. But god what is with all the yelling!!!

Really starting to freak out now, because I notice the backdoor is closed. Simulatenously I realise Nen is no where to be seen and he is still yelling in a very primal fashion. Realise this is not about a rat or the cats now, he is after someone. I didn't register that he must have gone out the window after the guy though.

But still on the cats, Mugsy the older of the two is a bit naughty sometimes, and he tries to run away. When he does he invariably likes to scamper up the side lane near the house. So Nen and I always have this strategy where he runs to the rear, and I go to the front to cordon him off. For some reason this plan came to my mind, so I rushed to the front door (rather than the back), opened it - quick peak. And then decided to kick off my uggy slippers and go out.

On doing so, I see this guy passing the car up the driveway. I just took off after him.

He got a good sprinters lead on me and I wasn't sure that I'd be able to recover any distance. But I kept thinking of all the things he must have of mine (as I saw him now carrying my bag) and just couldn't bear the thought of the inconvience of having to re-sort my life out.

So I just kept going and going and shouted at him that we weren't going to stop chasing him. When we crossed over another street I thought I might actually be gaining on him. When he jumped over a small fence, I followed just a second or so later - that gave me hope.

At this point, I noticed he was occassionally looking back towards a laneway that runs behind our house, so I figured there was someone else around. This bothered me but not enough to stop going after him because I knew Spock couldn't be far away. I just hoped there wasn't more than two. My bigger concern was what if this dude has a knife or might hit me.

Anyway back to the running. I kept calling out to him 'you'd better run faster cause I'm catching up to ya!', to try and freak him out a bit (it always works on me). I also shouted 'drop my bag and I'll stop chasing!' Alas he did not. But we rounded a corner heading up another laneway, when I suddenly found myself in reach of him. :o

So I reached out my left arm and hooked it around his throat. I grabbed my left fist with my right hand to hold it in place and then side kicked his ankle with my right foot to bring him down.

About this point is where Spock caught up, and he grabbed my bag, did some really convincing threats in the guys face - something about killing him from memory (Spock was scaring me so I'd say the dude was terrified). He then took over holding him.

I was a little bit worried for a moment there because I thought Spock had chocked the dude to death. He was really floppy and it was hard work dragging him back towards the house. But alas, I mean fortunately, he came to after a little bit. When he realised he wasn't dead, he started flaying about and carrying on again.

The baddie kept yelling, mostly trying to tell the other person (who at this point we didn't know if it was a male or female), that ''they got me! they got me!".

Anyway, I think Spock's story picks up again from here, because he got me to go and call the popo. I did a quick check in the baddies pockets looking for a wallet or some id - pulled out a mobile phone charger and battery and that was all.

So I took off home. Spock wanted me to knock on the nearest house, but I'd noticed when I was chasing the guy that everyone had their lights off and I figured by the time they got out of bed, worked out who I was and what I wanted that it would be quicker to go home and make the call there.

When I got to the front door, I paused for a moment - scared to go in, lest someone might still be there. But then, got over that, ran in grabbed the phone which was for once in a spot easy to find and with a full battery charge! Dialled, 000, got through asap to the police. Lady was very nice and confirmed my addy so I didn't have to speak as I was out of breath from running (must be like the taxi service where they no where you live from your number). I told her where the guy was pinned down.

I took a quick look around and realised that Spock's phone and mobile, keys etc were also gone - it wasn't just my stuff.

I ran to the bedroom to put on a jumper (didn't want the popo seeing my in my nighty top - figured I could get away with the shorts though).

Ran back out into the driveway and was really shocked to see Spock there.

When I told him that my bag didn't have in it all the things missing, we looked at each groaned and then without saying another word just started running back from where we last left them (okay there may have been some cussing about why he had let them go).

We darted in and out the laneways, and then I saw the guy trying to find a way out of an enclosed area full of weeds and rubbish. I called out 'we can see you and we're coming to get you!!!' (hopefully he'll have nightmares about me later).

We had to run the long way around, but we figured that they'd be heading for the train station.

Just as we got near the train station, I could hear the police sirens in the distance. I wondered whether to wait there for them, when I saw Spock up on the platform beckoning me across.

It was on again.

Ran down and under the subway across to the other side. I could see them both about 100m ahead.

We were running in the shadows and I was hoping we'd do so stealthily until we were right close to them, but for some funny reason that I do not understand, Spock bellowed out 'Give us back our stuff'. At this point, the girl turned around and yelled 'you guys just don't give up do you!'.

As the two baddies split, I said to Spock take off after the girl as I was worried she might rip my eyes out or something. The guy for me was at least something of a known quantity. He started heading after her, but then changed his mind and darted off after the guy who he was closer to.

I did my best sprint to catch the girl. She looked pretty stressed and when I grabbed her and she pleaded that I didn't have any of my stuff.

I grabbed her pockets and everything in them. She was right. None of it was mine, but I figured none of it was probably hers either, and told her as much. So I said you are coming back with me. I locked her right arm in and under my left and made her hold in her hands the things I taken from her pockets.

As it happened she never put up a struggle. She asked me at one point as we were heading in the direction back to my house (but I was actually walking around trying to get the attention of the popo who I'd seen driving around looking for me) ''are you going to take me back to your house to bash me " I couldn't help but laugh. I think I did say no.

She also asked if I would let go of my grip a bit on her wrist as it was causing her pain. I didn't.

Anyway the police found us, and she was taken into custody.

While the police were talking with Spock, I went back to the house (by this stage I realised my feet were bleeding from the blisters, and Spock's foot had swollen and was also bleeding from cuts etc).

I went inside, and thought I'll call my mobile, in case it was on the girl or maybe on the ground somewhere where the police were. You would not believe my delight when I found it, and whole heap of other important things under the window outside. Thank goodness the baddie wasn't able to zip up my bag in time! It had obviously fallen out when he dived out after being caught in the act by Spock.

Anyway in my excitement, I found I had locked myself out of the house. So the police had to help me to climb back through the very window our villan had used (I think I rubbed out all the fingerprints as a result )

No matter. There is enough evidence on this guy.

So there you have it. Would I have done the same if I had been alone in the house?? No. I don't believe I would have. It was a partnership. I felt I could do what I did because Spock was right behind me. Somewhere, back there...

Lolly
    Ps Baddies' name is Larry Smith - I kid you not.
    Last edited by Lolly; 27-10-2007, 01:09 AM.

Lolly you are my personal heroine right now girl!!

You were so brave - I did freestyle martial arts for a couple of years but I don't think I would have had the guts to do what you did. Agree though that I think having someone to back you up makes a huge difference

So, so glad you are both relatively uninjured. Hope you guys pull up ok and those two dropkicks get their butts kicked (although sounds like you guys did a pretty good job of that yourselves!)

I think you should run a self defense course for the PSB'ers, I'm sure half of the guys wouldn't have done what you did either!
    R Legal and loving it

Comment

Wow- good work, glad you guys got all your stuff back....
      Sponsored by:
      Coote Industrial, Comleck- electrical,
      Motorcycle Panel and Paint, Milkd

Comment

Originally posted by Kali View Post
        Lolly you are my personal heroine right now girl!!

You were so brave - I did freestyle martial arts for a couple of years but I don't think I would have had the guts to do what you did. Agree though that I think having someone to back you up makes a huge difference

So, so glad you are both relatively uninjured. Hope you guys pull up ok and those two dropkicks get their butts kicked (although sounds like you guys did a pretty good job of that yourselves!)

I think you should run a self defense course for the PSB'ers, I'm sure half of the guys wouldn't have done what you did either!

Thanks Kali. I have gone through a range of emotions since making the statement at the Police station this morning (1.30am). When I go past a window in the house - especially the kitchen - I feel scared someone is watching, when I see my property that I recovered from the baddies I start giggling, when I see people in the street my heart stops for a moment, and then other times I feel happy that I did my best to defend and protect what is mine.

I just hope I'll be okay the next time I have to be here on my own. Fingers crossed our little victory helps me cope okay with the fact that our property has been violated by this intruder.
        Last edited by Lolly; 27-10-2007, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Such a terrible thing to happen to you & Spock, and (as I said in the other thread) I am glad it turned out OK. I hope that there are no lasting emotional scars.

However, I can't stop laughing when I read your version of the events. I hope that does not mean I am a bad person.

Comment

You should have used the idiots own mobile to call the cops with.

Seriously good work, glad they were caught and will hopefully be charged.
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
              You should have used the idiots own mobile to call the cops with.

Seriously good work, glad they were caught and will hopefully be charged.
              When I searched Larry I didn't find a mobile on him. I said the same thing to Spock though when he told me he found it, but he said it wasn't on. If we were both there at the time I would have turned it on to see if I could use it, but by that point I was back at the house calling the popo and Spock was on his own to manage two people.

The police have a warrant out for Larry. He is a repeat offender - lives in Balga. The girl whose name I have forgotton unfortunately, lives in Joondanna. She will also be charged as an accessory and apparently the popo also found some drugs on her. They showed me some other things like a watch that they found on her, so I suspect they'll also charge her with stealing.

For interest, it took the popo 6 minutes to get from Main Street, Tuart Hill to the train station at Maylands. Impressive. The male officer told me it was a priority two.

Comment

Originally posted by Mungus View Post
                Such a terrible thing to happen to you & Spock, and (as I said in the other thread) I am glad it turned out OK. I hope that there are no lasting emotional scars.
                I think had we let him get away it would have given us something to be annoyed about every time we thought of it for the rest of our lives. It is a fact that people who defend themselves successfully rarely need counseling afterward (even if they were bloodied in the confrontation) whereas people who give in and surrender never really get over it (even if they were uninjured). Yeah, we are both pretty happy with how things ended up. It's nice to have a win.

Only thing that is a bit depressing is my ankle is truly stuffed! Take a tip from me - don't run and sprint an extra 1/2 kilometer after spraining your ankle!
                "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

Nice work team, that'll make em think twice next time. Fuckers.

Find out where they live and go give them a pen or something trivial. "I think you dropped this when my wife kicked your arse, here" then walk off, it'll really fuck with their heads.

Comment

Oh geez....thats amazing you guys didnt get hurt. My admiration for you both just went another notch higher. Bug hugs coming to you both!

FG
                    Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                    hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Well handled, I noticed you were after Chinese silkie chickens, maybe you should consider Guardian guinea fowl(small noisy alert poultry), if your neighbours will allow.

Comment

Great work both of you and doubt they will come back cos these scum will target some one they can handle like an 80 yold.

I did the chase to a group trying to break in my car at 4am a while back, got a push bike off one (stolen) before they escaped onto and over the roof of a car port up the street.

Then I realised that I sleep in the nude and had not had any opportunity to address that before chasing. So ran home even faster, lol.

Didnt feel my skin tearing off my feet on the bitumen either.

The cops were right because I nearly caught them they wouldnt come back.

You were very restrained for what he was doing to you and certainly deserved everything and more.

Glad you are both physically ok but I can imagine that it takes a toll emotionally.

Cheers

Graelin

Comment

i like ev's thinking. gee lolly, if only you had some guinea fowls we could have prevented this whole incident

great work though, im really impressed

Comment

good on you both!

ive had my car and house broken into on numerous occasions and have always wondered how i would act if i caught an offender red handed. if i ever find myself in this situation, hopefully it turns out like yours
                            TV Antennas - Home theatre installations - TV's wall mounted - Phone and data cabling - TV reception service & repairs - Much more...
                            Discounts for PSB members
                            ----------
                            [email protected] - Ph: 0415 425 524 - or PM me

Comment

Wow good on you both glad you are both ok.....

Comment

Working...
                              X