BYO corkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYO corkage

Went out for a meal tonight and first thing we noticed on the menu was corkage for BYO of $4 per person, can anyone tell me if this is normal or excessive? Haven't been anywhere for quite a while that had corkage so don't know the norm. Always thought it was per table

per person :o Thought it was only per bottle ???

Comment

Depends where you go but yes its excessive. If its a BYO venue, i dont believe they should charge corkage. If they want the $$$$ get a liquor licence.
      In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
      Its the little things that make the difference
      Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
      If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Aphex View Post
        Depends where you go but yes its excessive. If its a BYO venue, i dont believe they should charge corkage. If they want the $$$$ get a liquor licence.
        corkage for BYO
        so prolly not a BYO (Only) establishment.

And as to $4 per person, $8 a couple, that is now reasonable, don't try taking a bottle to some of the up-market establishments.... it'd be cheaper to buy one of their bottles.

Remember if corkage is too expensive, keep your bottle with you and buy a house bottle.
        Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

They charge you $4 a head for bringing Corks67? umm actually fair enough
          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Having previously been a bar manager in a restaurant its normal. A lot of restaurants make most of their $$$ from Alcohol sales. So they have to make their money some how, especially considereing the wages they are having to pay to keep Chefs etc.
            You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

look at their costs. your wine/beer glasses to clean. if its a good place they will be the ones topping up your wine for you. in some ways per person is good....ie u drink lots!

i think charging corkage is fair enough if the venue is licensed as well. if its not licensed then i think they need to be more reasonable.

Comment

$4 per person is pretty good if its not per person per bottle
                If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

OK, on this if you are there with a couple and have 1 bottle of wine do you have to pay $4 corkage per person at the table $16 or only $4 per person drinking??

Comment

id say it would be $4 per person drinking
                    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

$4 per person or per bottle, either way thats steep... bugger the glasses drink it right from the bottle, better still take a cask

Comment

Originally posted by chance View Post
                        better still take a cask

and a funnel

aaah, goon funnels, the good old days :p

Comment

If it's a per person charge it depends on how much you're going to get through vs how many people are there I guess. I haven't seen it "per person" but I've seen $16.00 per bottle at a not so upmarket joint here, "cakeage" of $6.00 per serve and a cafe in Chapel street (south yarra) with a "minimum bill" ($25.00 I think it was).
                          Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

i think its getting pretty damn rude if places are gonna start charging more than $4-5 a bottle if theyre unlicensed. licensed plaes it makes sense, as they want you to buy their wine

Comment

I would just tell them to stick their "corkage" up their arse as all the wine I drink comes in screw top bottles and never leaves our cooler bag . $4 a table I could understand maybe but $4 PP is just highway robbery and there is noway I would pay it pure and simple . I went to one high priced restaurant last year and we had all sorts of dramas with the orders being wrong and the food badly prepared and then they tried to slap a $6 corkage fee on because we had brought a bottle of non alcoholic wine and I let the fuckers know well and truly what I thought and at a loud volume too . Didn't end up paying for corkage or one of the dishes
                              #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                              Originally posted by Phildo
                              Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                              Originally posted by filbert
                              i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                              Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
                              X