Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Chase Go-Cart

Spotted on SBS news this morning:

Seven police cars chased a go-cart at high speed through the winding streets of a town in Germany but were not able to keep up with the teenage speedster.

"We were chasing him across town, but the squad cars couldn't keep up because the go-cart was able to take the corners faster and he was able to get away," police spokesman Willy Thevissen says.

The chase occurred in the western German town of Moenchengladbach.

Driver was ‘in hiding’

Police later discovered the go-cart driver hiding in a garage.

The 18-year-old driver admitted he had taken refuge there after seeing the garage door open while fleeing the police.

"He told us he knew driving a go-cart on the street is illegal," the spokesman says.

"But he had purchased the vehicle from a friend and said he had no other way of getting it home."

Moenchengladbach is the home of two Formula One races: Nick Heidfeld of BMW/Sauber and former driver Heinz-Harald Frentzen.

SOURCE: Reuters
    SBS - WORLD NEWS AUSTRALIA

I say two-thumbs-up, sounds like some nice driving for an 18 year old .
    Anybody wanna go get go-cart's now ?
    Last edited by MuNch; 28-10-2007, 07:52 AM. Reason: Link update

There was a guy who went by the name of Kart Vader who made a Ghostrider type video using a 125cc 2 stroke shifter kart to race around the streets for an hour or so one night. Quite amusing.

At one stage he is spotted by a police car and on go the disco lights. He loses them within 10 seconds or so through some suburban streets (the thing has ridiculous acceleration below 70kmh or so, and awesome road holding in the corners).

EDIT: Quick googling reveals it was in Canada, the full video used to be available online (pretty sure I have a saved copy somewhere) but it appears they want you to pay for it now. There's a trailer here that should give you the general idea:

Video un kart sur la route - kart, karting, route, ville, auto - Dailymotion Share Your Videos

Love that push button shifting
    Last edited by House; 28-10-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MuNches View Post
      Spotted on SBS news this morning:

SBS - WORLD NEWS AUSTRALIA

I say two-thumbs-up, sounds like some nice driving for an 18 year old .
      Anybody wanna go get go-cart's now ?
      I do,I do,I do.
      "YOU CAN TEACH A FAST RIDER TO STOP CRASHING,BUT YOU CANT TEACH A SLOW RIDER TOO RIDE FAST." Mick Doohan

Comment

Yeah, after seeing the acceleration of the 250cc engine in the ZZR (and keeping in mind that I consider it a very slow accelerating bike) a few of the lads want to stick a refurbished one in a go-kart. They've already got the "Death Scooter" which, from memory, is some sort of three wheeler with an electric engine... took that down the Zig Zags at around 70 km/h. Should be interesting to see what their next project is.
        Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

Karting is heaps of fun. I'd love to own a Kart one day.

Comment

There's a couple of R1-engined carts out there, check youtube
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
            X