X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blue-ray just won the HD-DVD vs BD war

Blu-ray BD+ cracked and ready to burn - The INQUIRER

Time to buy blue-ray drives
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

If I hear another Pro BR remark I'm gonna start shanking people..

HD DVD was cracked months ago.
    c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

woohoo playstation 3 wins lol
      Every day you wake up is a good day

Comment

Originally posted by browca04 View Post
        If I hear another Pro BR remark I'm gonna start shanking people..

HD DVD was cracked months ago.

BD is about 45gb discs. HD-DVD is not.
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
          BD is about 45gb discs. HD-DVD is not.
          From an AV standpoint (Ie, the reason the disk was designed) HD-DVD is superior.

People that bang on about the fact that BD has twice the space as a HD-DVD disk, really give me the shits. As the age old saying goes: "It's not how big it it, it's how you use it." And at the end of the day HD-DVD "uses" it's available space much better.

50GB BR disk, full HD with MPEG2 - 5.5hours
          25GB HD-DVD disk, full HD with VC1 - 5.1 hours.

25 mins differenc <> twice the space.

Although I guess BR was developed by Sony, who have over promised and under delivered on practically every product they ever made...
          Last edited by browncow; 01-11-2007, 09:36 AM.
          c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

PS3 FTW! Bring on GT IV
            Originally posted by kyliejane
            benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
            Originally posted by harns
            Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

From an AV standpoint (Ie, the reason the disk was designed) HD-DVD is superior.

People that bang on about the fact that BD has twice the space as a HD-DVD disk, really give me the shits. As the age old saying goes: "It's not how big it it, it's how you use it." And at the end of the day HD-DVD "uses" it's available space much better.

50GB BR disk, full HD with MPEG2 - 5.5hours
              25GB HD-DVD disk, full HD with VC1 - 5.1 hours.

25 mins differenc <> twice the space.

Although I guess BR was developed by Sony, who have over promised and under delivered on practically every product they ever made...

Yeah, for AV, fine.

However, for the rest of us who want to use the media for storage, i'll take near on 50gb thanks

As far as av quality goes, unless you're a nut - with a $20,000 theatre setup, even low def DVD is "good enough" for most people.

So you're an Xbox360 owner i gather?
              Last edited by thro; 01-11-2007, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Dont say that... my laptop will start getting a complex!
                If you can... you MUST!

Comment

they might have under achieved but atleast they made the blue ray affordable via the station 3..
                  I heard they are doing a promo $699 now for a playstation 3...
                  can you buy a Hd player for that? that conects to the net? that can load linux on? as well as be a media sever?

and in regards to hd being better.. doesnt means shit in the real world
                  look at beta vs Vhs.. it always comes down to price in the end.
                  still i am not knocking the other format just happy with blue ray for the price..and i will finally be able to put all my mp3's on 2 disc'd lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tjsurfa View Post
                    they might have under achieved but atleast they made the blue ray affordable via the station 3..
                    I heard they are doing a promo $699 now for a playstation 3...
                    Ahh but there is a TRAP!

The $699 PS3 is not Backwards Compatable with PS2 (Even though the $999 was never 100%)
                    Only has a 40gB Hard Drive and they dropped the USB Ports from 4 to 2.

There were some other things, but I forget.
                    JP

Jason Hodges

Comment

yeah heard about that too.. but if we are just talking blue ray .. thats a cheap player..

Comment

The "trap" isn't that bad.

I already have a PS2. I have used the ps1 compatibility mode on it like... 3 times.

And i have significant library (like, 45+ originals) of ps1 games.

I would wager that in the real world, most people won't bother with PS2 games on PS3 either.

Comment

i used some at the start until more labels come out..ps2 games.. burnout etc..
                          but the hd differance to ps3 is amazing.. i had to go out and buy a new samsung 1080p lcd though lol my lg plasma only went to 1080i bugger that

Comment

PS3 should have done what MS is doing and have a external drive instead because looking at the specs the BR drive is really slow
                            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Tjsurfa View Post
                              they might have under achieved but atleast they made the blue ray and in regards to hd being better.. doesnt means shit in the real world
                              look at beta vs Vhs.. it always comes down to price in the end.

"As HD-DVD players have dropped below $200, Blu-ray is starting the feel the pressure. In one such move, Kmart has decided to drop Blu-ray players from its stores, mostly because of pricing" Ref

Game over?
                              Last edited by goof; 02-11-2007, 02:19 PM. Reason: Added Tjsurfa's quote

Comment

Working...
                              X