buying from US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying from US

I just paid $355AU including delivery for a new pair of Sidi Vertigo boots from the US. i think thats pretty sweet considering everywhere i have looked sells them for $499. i tried for a week to get my preferred shop in perth to arrange a pair for me but they kept neglecting/forgetting to call me back.

i normally don't mind paying a bit extra for local service and to support local business. kinda crazy to pay a third extra tho.
    im a holding, stroking, loving machine...also spanking

I usally buy locally but damn you can get some cheap stuff in the states with the current exchange rate. I bought a fair bit of gear a few months ago and even with the large shipping cost was still a lot cheaper than local

Comment

US economy is so fucked, and I've never been happier.
      such comment
      wow
      many post

Comment

its only recently ive started buying stuff from the US. books from Amazon at $8-10 a pop.
        these boots are only the second big item i have purchased. first was Alpine stars trackpants because no-one here had them and again, 1/3 more in cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyno View Post
          its only recently ive started buying stuff from the US. books from Amazon at $8-10 a pop.
          these boots are only the second big item i have purchased. first was Alpine stars trackpants because no-one here had them and again, 1/3 more in cost.
          Thats what I found, including shipping at 30%-50% (depending on store) to get the local price, plus the distributors do not get the boots I ordered over here.

Our tax system works a lot differently to the US and we would be paying about the same if the goods were taxed coming into the country

Comment

Originally posted by Dyno View Post
            if you are buying ebooks let me know..
            i have shitloads of them.. 15,000
            Every day you wake up is a good day

Comment

I gotta start buying stuff off the net.....
              Originally posted by kyliejane
              benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
              Originally posted by harns
              Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

£1 = $2USD

I is happy
                Originally posted by vk6hgr
                My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

And the business section on the news has been suggesting we might see $1AU = $1US.

I will be happy, especially since no one can get Alpinestars in a 51 (which they do make).

Comment

whaaaaat? i looked on the alpinestars website and they only went up to 47-48. i had to get sidis because they make up to 51.

Comment

the exchange rate is great i just ordered some performace carbies for the vmax
                      $1995 us
                      $2250 au including shipping

Comment

Alpinestars make the GPS-3 in a 51. Their SMX boots go up to 50.
                        Sidi's are generally a size or half size smaller than the eqivalent size in Alpinestars from experience.

If the boot fits - buy it.

Comment

Working...
                        X