wakeboarders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wakeboarders

Looking at getting into wakeboarding this summer and have checked out most of the local shops that provide the new boards and bindings. Thing is they seem dramatically overpriced compared to the boards being sold in the US.
    The aussie dollar being as it is atm, Im wondering if it would be a bigger saving if i just bought online and had it shipped, or if im missing something completely and the prices in town arent really just over inflated costings with huge profit margin.
    Anyone in the game or know of anyone that can point me in the right direction...?
    "Did you ever blow bubbles as a kid? Well he's back in town and wants your number"

Buy from US - like u said AUD is high but that wont affect the instock prices here. Same as gear for your bike - hunt around on da interwebz and you will get better for cheaper.

Comment

if you want a liquid force board i can see what a mate can do for you, look around and you will find many cheap SH ones.
      Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

narrowed it down to the ronix ibex 08 board, liquidforce witness 140, or the liquidforce ps3. Saving around $500.00 if I get the board and bindings from the states.. All the companies round here seem to like bagging each other out so its a lil confusing on who to trust
        "Did you ever blow bubbles as a kid? Well he's back in town and wants your number"

Comment

Always had good service at Coles Watersports, now in Bentley, but I hear full-tilt in Canning vale does some pretty good deals. Coles will let you try before you buy, I think they have a demo of most boards. I reckon postage/freight would be a killer from the US but the dollar is so strong at the moment, so you may save a fair bit.

If you buy locally you can usually knock a bit of the marked price or get them to throw in a bag for free.

Comment

I priced a heap of boards on the internet and they came in about AUD$50-70 cheaper, i weighed it up and bought from Coles water sports, if it was much more $$ wise i prob would have nought international

Dubs

Comment

cheers guys, have talked with the guys at all the stores.. unleashed, coles and full tilt, understandably they cant come anywhere near the price over the net so Ive ordered the board from the US.. 2weeks to the door they say (time will tell)

What board u end up with dubs?

Comment

Originally posted by [-Sm0Ke-] View Post
                Looking at getting into wakeboarding this summer and have checked out most of the local shops that provide the new boards and bindings. Thing is they seem dramatically overpriced compared to the boards being sold in the US.
                The aussie dollar being as it is atm, Im wondering if it would be a bigger saving if i just bought online and had it shipped, or if im missing something completely and the prices in town arent really just over inflated costings with huge profit margin.
                Anyone in the game or know of anyone that can point me in the right direction...?
                Dont forget to price bulk purchases of panadol, deep heat/tiger balm and epson salts

Only comment I have is regarding bindings. Maybe its just a girl thing and/or Im just picky, but I found when it came to choosing bindings, it wasnt as easy as choosing "medium" as suggested by my shoe size. I ended up with "small" as it was a much better fit and I prefered cushy liquid force bindings over hyperlite. But thats just me.

It may be worth finding board and bindings locally so you can get the correct sizes (board and bindings) before deciding where to shop.

The guys at Coles, were very patient with my 100 and 1 questions and picky feet.

Edit
                Waterskiers Connection - this is the other place where I shop - apparently the pink bag I brought to match my pink board wasnt availiable in WA.
                Last edited by Darkbyte; 05-11-2007, 12:56 PM. Reason: Added link to my other favourite place to shop

Comment

mate, the place to go

Skis, Snowboards, Wakeboards, and Apparel | evo

i've been riding for a couple of years now, mate i live with has a malibu wakesetter which is rather helpful.

If you have a few dollars lying around and want a good board, look no further then the Liquid Force ps3, best board ive ever ridden, more pop then anything. Also, go with a liquid force ultra boot, no laces so you'll never slip out and break your shin in half

Good luck and hppy riding!

Comment

I went for a Hyperlite Motive 144 ( I am a larger gentleman) gray on top and blacl red white on the bottom, I went for a State boot too

DUbs

Comment

If you know what board you want it will prob be cheepr to buy online.

Prob is the bindings are the most important part as far as fit goes and you really need to be able to stick your feet in em to make sure they suit your foot.

At least buy your bindings locally.

Coles Water Sports are good as in selection (but crap follow up on Warranty stuff) but I have been pretty impressed with the Ski Shop at Bonny's Water Ski Park at baldivis (open 7 days). Have only a small range but the stuff they sell is good, and if they dont have it they can order it. They also have fuck all outgoings so they can exist on a much smaller margin then CWS. i would say they would be cheepest if you get some comparable quotes and ask em to match/beat.

They would likley be cheeper than CWS anyway.

If you tell me exactly what you are after I will price it up for you cos folks with Lake Leases at the Ski Park (AKA Me) get a decent discount at the shop.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

What did they slug you for freight?

Comment

$249.00 for freight and insurance. still over $400.00 saving to be had overall, free return policy (even international)
                          Took a long hard look at the ronix ibex, but made the decission to go with the liquid force 137 ps3 08 model with transit bindings (although i do like the idea of the release bindings from cwb)
                          hopefully will do the job quite nicely

Last edited by [-Sm0Ke-]; 06-11-2007, 05:39 PM. Reason: pics

Comment

do not do the release bindings option, the CBW ones a mate had rusted up and snapped in months but they were replaced on warranty at least
                            Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

I have a board that I hardly get to use since selling my boat.. *nudges deej..*

Comment

Working...
                              X