No announcement yet.

Help / advice needed from ceiling installer / builder / super awesome DIYers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help / advice needed from ceiling installer / builder / super awesome DIYers

Howdy all

Girlfriend has herself a place and I was looking a helping her fix the inside up a little, just paint and filling cracks, etc etc

Problem is, one of the cracks has gone from being a small crack problem to being a 'massive' crack problem

(See above for one type of crack problem, oh Steph from Full House, what DID Uncle Joey do to you??)

(See below for my crack problem)

The paint crack has grown over the last 2 months from ~ 60 cm's and fairly faint, to full on traversing the width of the living room ceiling, down a wall, and across the kitchen ceiling to the wall, it appears that the crack is following the ceiling sheet that was installed along that part of the house, (I've heard of house movement and settling but .

My original plan was to scrape the crack out and polyfill that sucker like it owed me money but whilst having a look at it yesterday, I pushed up on the ceiling a little, and there was a bit of movement, so much so the nails/studs popped the paint to reveal themselves like a priest at an Elementary all boys school.

:Studly:

Living room

doorway leading to kitchen

kitchen

So would my initial plan of scrape, fill and paint apply, or do I need to get a builder / ceiling superhero / exorcist in?

Thanks much in advance, bob "I'm not even really a builder"*

Seriously, any advice (non sexual, but relevant to the topic, unless sexy time would some how patch and paint it with a double coat) is appreciated.

Word.

wicka wicka.

Looking at the amount of cracking there, I would get a professional in at least just to do a quote. If he says all he'll need to do is scrape and fill, do it yourself. If it sounds major let them do it. It goes without saying get 3 quotes first.
    Originally posted by kyliejane
    benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
    Originally posted by harns
    Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Eeeeck not good, PM Machast he may be able to offer some assistance

Comment

PM'd

Yeah my thinking went from, yeah just a bit of cracking, to, yeah, just a bit too much cracking

Comment

Your house will soon be break in half and be swallowed by the giant abyss forming underneath.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
            Your house will soon be break in half and be swallowed by the giant abyss forming underneath.
            Wasn't that the plot for the movie A Night at the Roxby?

Comment

Working...
            X