postage times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• postage times

how long does it normally take a letter to arrive from Brisbane to Perth?

I can't see it being much longer than 2 working days (posted today, latest should be Thursday).

Letters to Sydney usually take 2 days, can't imagine Bris-Perth being much different.

Comment

I've had everything from 2 days to 10 days. I think the best ever was a post pak sent express post that took a week, Sydney to Perth.

Comment

That's because Perth isn't part of the express delivery network.

I've previously had letters sent to me from Sydney, and have switched to recieving them by email. Always thought that AP was taking forever to deliver the mail, but it seems the company is taking it's sweet time sending things out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
          That's because Perth isn't part of the express delivery network.
          Perth CBD is over night from other capital city CBDs only for Express Post. Outer suburbs add an extra day or two for express post.

Next Business Day Delivery Networks
          Next Business Day Express Post Networks - Western Australia
          Last edited by mark_r; 06-11-2007, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sage View Post
            how long does it normally take a letter to arrive from Brisbane to Perth?
            Standard Letter, Metropolitan Brisbane to Metropolitan Perth is 2 Business Days

Australia Post, Calculate postage rates for costs and delivery times.

Comment

It's always a day faster if you drop it at the post office as oposed to a box.
              I get stuff from Sydney all the time and it can take anywhere from 2 to 8 days. I can't figure it out.

Comment

package from Queensland mailed out Thursday, in my office today

Comment

fuggin australia post. was mailed monday, didnt get it today.

it's my new bike finance papers, now it looks like i won't be able to pick it up this week now.

i'm getting really pissed off now...

Comment

if its that urgent you really should have got them to Express Post it or Express Post Platinum.

But yeah, posted monday and not here wednesday is not that bad for a normal letter.

Comment

it was supposed to be express posted. stupid receptionist at finance place screwed up and sent it standard mail...

Comment

Originally posted by The Sage View Post
                        it was supposed to be express posted. stupid receptionist at finance place screwed up and sent it standard mail...
                        so annoying hey when your relying on it to get your bike.
                        I feel ya pain mate, prolly not much you can do but.

Comment

yeah. rang them today, they said if i get them tomorrow, sign and fax back by 1pm their time it will settle tomorrow afternoon and can pick up friday.

problem is we normally get the mail about 11-12. so, only an hour or so too late.

Comment

great. not only did the mail come extra early today at 9.30am, the papers WEREN'T THERE!!!

i've just sent a very nasty email to the finance company, extremely pissed off now - no bike this weekend!!

Comment

We've been getting mail at 9am and 3pm recently.
                              You may have gotten yesterdays mail this morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X