Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philip Island GP 2008

Hi Guys and Gals,

Looking for some help please......I'm booking 'The Island' for next years Moto GP and need to know where I can get a good reasonable hotel (3-4 Star) Treating the Mrs in Melbourne city but within transport range of the track and of course the most important part not too far away from the shopping disrict

Any ideas?
    Eire

we stayed at the silverwater resort just as you come into san Remo, the place is brand new and was pretty speccy, we really enjoyed the stay was reasonably priced but we were also told once they realise just how popular the island is for the GP and how much extra money they can make they will probably put the prices up
    Silverwater Resort - Silverwater Resort - Phillip Island Accommodation - Home Page
    DOCWA

Comment

Melbourne CBD is very easy to get around. Get an all day zone 1 ticket, allows you to jump off and on as many trams and trains as you need.

Wotif.com: Australia Hotels, Accommodation, Motels has some cheap accomodation type deals. Ive stayed in the Batmans Hill hotel on little collins (If i recall correctly) and it was a nice 4 star joint. Very close to southbank and is close to where the catch a coach phillip island services should leave from in the city (Southern cross station).

Comment

What's the commute like every morning from Melbourne CBD to the Island? Bout 2hrs on a bus I woulda thought
        the universe is hostile

Comment

Working...
        X