My first Wednesday night ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Wednesday night ride

Actually it was my first ride with any of the PSB crew.

I had this great idea during the evening that i could use the ride to run-in my new CBR1000 i picked up this afternoon. The bike had 34 km's on the odometer when i pulled up at Scarborough.

I had an awesome time. I havent been on the road for years and was happy to be keeping up with the lead group, although there were some 'moments' on the new tyres.

I didnt get to meet to many of you, cause im terrible at starting conversation and introducing myself to other, but at least i will recognise faces when i come next time

Sweet mate wasn't there tonight but I woulda said hi! hhhaha..

Comment

Nice to meet you mate. I was the dude offering you a spot in the early ride.
      Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris View Post
        Nice to meet you mate. I was the dude offering you a spot in the early ride.
        Nice to meet you too. In hindsight, i probably should have taken your offer of the early ride. The group ride was probably a bit too 'high-revving' for a run-in.

Comment

Ah, you were on the silver one?

Ha ha ha, didn't know you were running the bugger in. Jeez, what a way to do it.

Glad you enjoyed. Was a bloody good one tonight. Pete was on fire.
          2006 Yamaha R1SP;
          In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
          Amen, brother. Amen.
          My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
            Ah, you were on the silver one?

Ha ha ha, didn't know you were running the bugger in. Jeez, what a way to do it.

Glad you enjoyed. Was a bloody good one tonight. Pete was on fire.
            Yes, the silver one that cramped your parking :mellow: I only spoke to Ferris so he was the only one that knew i was running the bike in.

Comment

Y'know what's funny? The guy on the Daytona was running his in too...
              Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

You pulled off only a few kms from where we stopped. Should have finished off, but I guess you prob didn't know how much longer we were going for.

Me neither, for that matter. Pete was going round in circles like a mad man.
                2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                Amen, brother. Amen.
                My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

If i knew we were stopping i would have stayed on the ride, but Burns Beach road is only 5 mins (during run-in period) from home so i took the opportunity to leave. Would have been great to chat after the ride. Next time.

Comment

Sorry for being green, but what is to 'run it in"??

Comment

Originally posted by jasonong99 View Post

Its when you have a brand spankin new bike...with 0 km's onboard. You have to accumulate km's on the bike supposedly ''gently'' although this is debatable...before the first service of the engine can be done.
                      Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                      hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Originally posted by jasonong99 View Post
                        Originally posted by Fastgirl View Post
                        Its when you have a brand spankin new bike...with 0 km's onboard. You have to accumulate km's on the bike supposedly ''gently'' although this is debatable...before the first service of the engine can be done.
                        And when you actually start scrubbing your tyres in as well - getting all that factory wax and other crap off them so you actually use the rubber and keep grip.

Comment

ive done 1 ride with psb and it was full of cunts.....young guys with fuck all experience....

i think it summed up PSB for me.

Comment

^^^ hahaha wot the hell?
                            (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

Ha ha ha ha, well if you're going to lump us all in the same group after one single, solitary ride then your closed-minded, narrow point of view is hardly anything for the rest of us to worry about.

With over 5000 members, a charity ride that is responsible for thousands raised for Shenton Park and REDS, PSB trackdays, as well as an entire community that laughs, jokes, helps and takes the piss out of each other, I think I've wasted enough time replying to your pathetic view.
                              2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                              Amen, brother. Amen.
                              My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Working...
                              X