Temptation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temptation

Did anyone catch the MotoGP question on Temptation last night (not that I watch it, I wasd just pssin thru, honest). In the fast money, the quetsion was:
    "How many MotoGP World Championships has Valentino Rossi Won?"

Silence. No takers.

The answer - 7.

My point of view is that the question could be misleading. Rossi has won 7 World Championships, but only the top class (MotoGP). Even then, only 4 of them were in the MotoGP era - 1 as 500cc World Champ.

I guess that they are using MotoGP to include all classes. Just being picky.
    "It's just a motorcyle race" - Mick Doohan, post-race press conference, Phillip Island.

7 is the generally accepted number.

But yes, they should have phrased it "how many world motorcycle grand prix championships has valentino rossi won" or similar.

I guess "MotoGP" is just assumed to mean "Motorcycle Grand Prix" now... as opposed to just the motogp class.
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
    X