Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Gear Aussie edition?!

Car fans wanted for Aussie 'Top Gear' | NEWS.com.au Entertainment

what is the obsession with bastardising good shows into an 'Aussie format' I do not think this is a good idea. We shall see....

Yeah, and like who's gonna be "The Stig"? Deej?

Comment

Tog Gear Australia

"Where we get bogans tanked and evaluate who's HZ does better burnouts"

That'll make for interesting watching, not.

Comment

With the right presenters and the right crew, this could be quite watchable.
        such comment
        wow
        many post

Comment

Isn't Blokes World a good enough show? It's got burnouts, MX, swearing, beer and tits. What else do you need in one TV show??

Comment

Originally posted by TORQ View Post
            Yeah, and like who's gonna be "The Stig"? Deej?
            Deej is the Stig.

Why do you think he's gone for long periods at a time?
            Originally posted by vk6hgr
            My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

Originally posted by taint View Post
              Isn't Blokes World a good enough show?
              ..... No.

Just, fuck no.
              such comment
              wow
              many post

Comment

hells yeh

hahaha aussie version of top gear, it'll either be really good, or horrifically bad
                ...stupid expensive singapore, with its stupid road tolls, and stupid petrol prices, make me take stupid public transport

Comment

It aint going to work. For the simple fact that australia is too far and too behind the rest of the world. The only latest newly released "performance" cars are whats produced locally, and i just cant see the latest FPV Falcon /HSV Commodore /TRD Aurion or Ralliart 380 stirring the same amount of passion and interest.

Still, not going to stop me sending in an audition tape. Cameraman wanted please

Comment

For a second there I thought you meant the UK crew were doing a show down here.

They ARE the show IMHO.

"Today on Top Gear Oz, we've tested a new vehicle made for Aussie conditions. It's called, THE STRAIGHLINER. And, you guessed it, there is no steering wheels."
                    No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

pfft, OH&S, the hippies and the local authorities would be all over it.

It would be filmed in 'controlled' conditions, speed limited to 80km/hr.

Can you imagine?

"On tonight's show: We look at a photo of the Bugatti Veyron, because 1) we can't afford the import fees; and 2) where the fuck would they let us take it for a fang mate?"

Or;

"Tonight we were going to blow something up, but we can't because 1) The cops and local council won't let us; and 2) The fucking hippies have locked us inside the studio because they're worried about emissions"

Or;

"Tonight, we were going to show a clip on the latest commodore doing some drifting on a private property, but the locals complained of noise pollution and the car got impounded"

To be honest, Aussie Top Gear would be the antithesis of EVERYTHING the original stands for. They would only be able to road test 4cyl soccer mum cars, people movers, and lancers.

Comment

Originally posted by Daise View Post
                        They would only be able to road test 4cyl soccer mum cars, people movers, and lancers.
                        But what if the Lancer had a wing ?
                        CAUTION: ATTEMPTING TO OVERTAKE THIS VEHICLE MAY RESULT IN A HIGH SPEED WHEELIE

Comment

it would be impounded - wing equals hoon!! BAN THEM ALL I SAY!!

Comment

Hmm.

Top gear was around long before hammond, clarkson and may.

I agree, with the right team this could work, however what really needs to happen is for it to not bow to commercial influence.

BBC is government funded and hence, the guys can get away with calling a piece of shit, a piece of shit.

On commercial TV this may not be the case.

Also, who the fuck are they going to get to do it? The british humor is what makes top gear work so well.

I've been thinking since yesterday who we could get on there, who has a clue, is good on camera, funny, and knows shit from chocolate, and i've drawn a blank.

Hence they're looking to audition people i guess...

And yeah, what daisie said about the tree-hugging-oh&s nannies we have here.

Actually having said all that, I disagree with my opening statement: It won't work.
                            Last edited by thro; 20-11-2007, 08:06 AM.
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                              Hmm.

Top gear was around long before hammond, clarkson and may.
                              Old Top Gear was an entirely different creature to new Top Gear.

Top Gear (current format) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                              Top Gear (original format) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                              Last edited by mark_r; 20-11-2007, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X